• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Extra Shirts - What to do with them?

inthesignbiz

Depending on the difficulty of a job, we order extra shirts just in case we need to reprint one.

Over the course of a few years, we have built up quite a stock of shirts.
Most of these are specialty shirts (other than t-shirts).

We've tried selling them in the showroom at a discounted rate just to get rid of them. No real takers. Mostly, they are just in the way.

At this point, we are thinking of boxing them up and taking them to Goodwill.

Any ideas from someone else that has delt with this problem?

Locals Find!

Way back when I was part owner of a screenprinting factory we had the same problem. We decided to embroidery and silk screen our logo onto them and gave them away to customers with every order. Got us a lot of referral business.

Everyone loves a good FREE shirt & loves to tell everyone about the deal they got.

TheSnowman

Yea, I was gonna say that same thing. I'm not into the shirt printing biz...but I think that's what I'd do w/ them. Everyone needs a good lawn mowing shirt.

omgsideburns

one place i order shirts gets rid of them by offering a discount if you order random colors.. works for some clients.

Mike_Koval

I vote to put your own logo on them and give away...

Or good will or some other charity type offering...just think of all of those Buffalo Bills Super Bowl Shirts that are out there! There is a third world country that thinks they are the greatest team ever!

signpro

Manager
just think of all of those Buffalo Bills Super Bowl Shirts that are out there! There is a third world country that thinks they are the greatest team ever!
:U Rock:

i agree with others though, put your logo on them and give them away.

Or... when i get a large job for lettering a trailer/truck, graphics, etc... sometimes i'll just print a shirt with THEIR logo on it, put my logo small on the sleeve, and give it to them as a "thanks for your business" thing... i've sold a lot of shirts that way that started as only lettering a trailer... customers LOVE a free shirt with their logo on it. and don't care that i put my logo small on the sleeve. heck, it was a free shirt!

WildWestDesigns

3 things that I could see to do with them.

1. Use it as a giveaway with other shirt orders.

2. Use it as a Thank You to orders that weren't shirts, but were of high profit margin to justify giving the shirt away.

3. Keep a store for test prints if a job requires a specific "techinque change".

If I have one of the funky specialty shirts or strange color shirts, I'll use it to do sample stitch outs for people that request it or if I need to verify a pattern before I do a production run or send the pattern off for someone else to do the run.

inthesignbiz

Screen Printing them with our logo and giving them away?

FABULOUS!!!

That is a great idea!

I went as far as adding a "Enter your Email address for our T-Shirt Giveaway!" link on our web site to build up a mailing list as well.

Thank you all!

Sideshow

do some custom designs yourself, and sell em off. the shop i was at in Ga, did just that , they came up with their own line, and made a decent chunk of extra green.