• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

F1612 cutting issue

CanuckSigns

We are having our 1612 cutter installed this week and it's giving us an issue that has the tech stumped, mind you he is a bit green at this.

When kiss cutting printed vinyl graphics, the "home" side of the machine cuts dead on accurate, but the "away" side is off by up to 1/2" in the gantry direction.

The tech has run a camera calibration, but it made no difference. Tried different files, no difference.

He has a call into summa but I was hoping someone here might have some ideas, this dealer has only been selling these for about a year so they don't have a ton of experience, and I've got jobs that need to get out the door.

Thanks!

rjssigns

Not sure if this will be any help at all but... Mimaki flatbed in the lab likes a "clean" cut file. Once the job is printed we delete the artwork then send the "clean" cut file. If we don't it will monkey up the cut.

Print also needs to be loaded in the same orientation it was printed or it will mess up. It will find the crop marks in the corners but where it cuts is anybodies guess. Always have to make sure the tiny arrow head is pointing to the near rail.

I know I'm missing some other quirks but haven't been in the lab in months.

CanuckSigns

Just an update in case this happens to anyone else. The same issue started happening the next day on our graphtec 8600, turns out onyx cut server was creating incorrect cut files. Reinstalled onyx and everything is fixed.