• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Facbook vending machine

jeffr0wland

Wanted to point out to I just got to install them, someone else designed them but still a really cool project for a very high profile client.

TheSnowman

Haven't they had iPhone vending machines in Airports and stuff for like 4 years? I remember seeing one the last time I flew I thought, and that was YEARS ago.

jeffr0wland

Yes iPods and such have been in machines in airports all over. This isn't for that. This is in facebooks corporate offices. Basically in tracks stocks in supplies like screen wipes, power cords and such. You swipe your badge and get what you need. The machines are network linked and all supplies are tracked report to a server. This cuts stealing and waste down tremendously. They install these machines a lot in factories that require frequent use of safety glasses, ear plugs and etc. It's amazing how much money they can save large companies.

Facebook has already ordered a bunch more.

Aklaim

They have an Apple vending machine INSIDE of the Macy's at one of the malls here in San Jose.

Signs2u

This is definitely a smart idea to keep track of supplies used especially in a huge place like Facebook. They probably had a bunch of workers and interns stealing stuff from the supply cabinet all the time so I am sure this will cut down on costs by a ton.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks like a fun project.
You might want to work a little more with who ever trimmed around those push buttons.
They are a little rough for something seen up close like that.

wayne k
guam usa