• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FADE with Dots/circles in Flexi

F & W

Looking to create a fade with dots instead of the gradient. Pictures attached/ need 36" wide x 3.5" on starts full black to smaller dots to make it look white. Any help appreciated. Working in Flexi

Attachments

• IMG_6259.JPG
    IMG_6259.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_6260.JPG
    IMG_6260.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_6261.JPG
    IMG_6261.JPG
    208.6 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_6262.JPG
    IMG_6262.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_6263.JPG
    IMG_6263.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_6264.JPG
    IMG_6264.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 309

rydods

Member for quite some time.
Try Vectorstock or shutterstock. Do a search for haftone gradient or something similar. I'm sure you can find something useful to use that's vector.

bannertime

It's called the Pointillizer tool. This tutorial explains it, amongst a bunch of other effects. https://learn.corel.com/tutorials/coreldraw-advanced-transparency-effects/

That tool looks pretty cool. I'll admit that Corel has some pretty cool tools. However, I'm far to slow in it to try and use it in a production environment though. The interface and handling felt like I was using Photoshop 6. In Illustrator this tool is the color Halftone and it makes it a bitmap that can be "editied," but is not vector unless you rasterize it and trace it. Which does not always produce pretty circles.

Flexi does not have a way to do this. You can get somewhat close with a few applications of the "Stripe" tool, but it doesn't do the job.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 339

asd

its easy in illustrator, create a box with a gradient color, go to effects>pixelate>color halftone and adjust settings to your liking

unclebun

The tool is simple in Corel Draw. The video may have confused you because its subject was ways to use transparency, and pointillizer was only incidental. To make your dot gradient, you just create an object, fill it with a fountain fill that goes from color to transparent. Then use the pointillizer tool. You can choose the shape of the dots, their angle, their size, and their density. You choose size modulation by luminosity if you want all the dots to be the same color. Then apply. It creates a dot gradient of vector dots, which you can then move around, color, size, stretch or alter as you wish.

Evan Gillette

Have you tried using the blend tool in flexi? Also if you have a flexi subscription, log into SAi design elements and look for one in the vector library.

Evan Gillette

Actually pretty easy in flexi, need to play around a little to get perfect but here is what I did, example attached.
1. Draw small object
2. Draw large object
3. Effects, Blend, enter steps, check mark
4. Adjust spacing if desired using arrange, spacing (or "J" shortcut), I skipped this step
5. Step and repeat to make as many rows as desired

Hope this helps. Is this for a CASE IH implement?

Attachments

• Example.PNG
    Example.PNG
    88.2 KB · Views: 364
  • Agree
Reactions: asd