• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Faint Horizontal Blue Lines

illuminate699

I am getting faint blue lines when printing certain medias. Mostly banner. They aren't there at the beginning of the print but start to show up after a little bit. Here is a pic for reference.
I have tried a few different banner profiles and happens on all.
I have a vp 540i
I have changed the blue cap tops and the nozzle check print is 100% perfect.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• blue lines.jpg
    blue lines.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 109
Hey illuminate699,

In the photo you provided, we don't know what orientation the picture was taken. For example, if the lines are actually vertical, but the photo rotated 90 degrees, then we can confirm the problem is most likely related to the printer's encoder scale and sensor. You can try cleaning the encoder scale, but if the problem continues (or you're not comfortable cleaning it), then it's time for you to contact your authorized Roland dealer to have the machine inspected and repaired.

Now, if the lines are horizontal, this could be electrical and it's time to call your Roland dealer for onsite servicing.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn