• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Fair price for GX-24?

Nismoasfuh

Hello all, guess I'll be on this sub forum again as my sp540v has been acting up, but besides the point...

I found a Roland GX-24 for $1200 on OfferUp, as my gerber fastrack 650 finally died after 12+ years. I Brought the guy down to $1000. It does look kind of old and the guy mentioned it didn't come with a stand so he had to buy it. He believes it's about 6 years old but I'll call Roland to verify that once he gives me the serial number. Other than that, are there any real issues these have? They all seem to use the same head as other plotters like the graphtec. So I'm just hoping it'll stand against the test of time like my Gerber did.

And also plain and simple. I would like to know how many of you would be willing to purchase a second hand 6+ yr old gx-24 for $1000 or a brand new one for a little over double the price?

Robert M

Hello all, guess I'll be on this sub forum again as my sp540v has been acting up, but besides the point...

I found a Roland GX-24 for $1200 on OfferUp, as my gerber fastrack 650 finally died after 12+ years. I Brought the guy down to $1000. It does look kind of old and the guy mentioned it didn't come with a stand so he had to buy it. He believes it's about 6 years old but I'll call Roland to verify that once he gives me the serial number. Other than that, are there any real issues these have? They all seem to use the same head as other plotters like the graphtec. So I'm just hoping it'll stand against the test of time like my Gerber did.

And also plain and simple. I would like to know how many of you would be willing to purchase a second hand 6+ yr old gx-24 for $1000 or a brand new one for a little over double the price?

WildWestDesigns

do not buy that POS GX-24 if your gonna spend that kind of money get a summa

This is all going to depend on the application. I've had nothing but good experiences with ours and they run a lot. Now granted it's for appliqué and patches, but for us, it isn't a "POS". But it does depend on one's needs.

ams

I've owned a GX-24 for 7 1/2 years nothing has broken (knock on wood), it's a workhorse. It is one of Roland's best.

The number of years doesn't mean anything, I have a CX-24 bought 5 years ago second hand ($250) and still runs like on the first day. I bough vinylmastercut and I couldn't be happier with both purchases, just try the trial it's waaaay better than flexy.

Nismoasfuh

but is $1,000 too much? should i just invest in a brand new gs-24? thats what I'm kind of leaning towards anyways now.

ams

but is $1,000 too much? should i just invest in a brand new gs-24? thats what I'm kind of leaning towards anyways now.

It's a good price, depending on the condition. If nothing is wrong with it, grab it. If you need to do some minor repairs, just get a new one.

We have used a GX-24 for nearly 6 years now with absolutely zero issues. We've only had to replace the cutting strip once. Ours, once the material is fed properly, will track a 10-20 foot long job, no problem. I'm not sure why Bruce hates them so much, but I think it's a great machine, espacially for the price. I would jump on it for $1000.

Nismoasfuh

Thanks for the reply guys! So tempting to hold off and invest in the gs-24. However for the most part my guys usually use the plotter to strictly cut vinyl so I think the gs-24 would be an overkill. I guess I'm going to go check out the gx-24 as it's only about 20 miles away. I'll also check out vinylmastercut software, see if it might be more user friendly than flexi.
Thanks again everyone!

BobM

My GX 24 is 10 years old. Runs every day. Replaced the cut strip annually, clean cut blades when needed and replaced the drive rollers last year. Workhorse.

Thanks for the reply guys! So tempting to hold off and invest in the gs-24. However for the most part my guys usually use the plotter to strictly cut vinyl so I think the gs-24 would be an overkill. I guess I'm going to go check out the gx-24 as it's only about 20 miles away. I'll also check out vinylmastercut software, see if it might be more user friendly than flexi.
Thanks again everyone!

We use a program called Signcut Pro with ours. It's got some great features and its pretty economical.