• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon gone crazy

packman

Hi all, not a good day today with my falcon printer.

First started out with a blocked pump, 20 minutes later and all cleaned out and back to printing a nice print.

Then after a foot of printing, it decides to stop. Now, I've had this before and its usually the ip address. So I changed the ip address to several different ones but still stops after either a few inches or around a foot of print.

So while trying to sort this out, I then get an error message, E077err yencoder. Alarms keep sounding and lights flashing. Tried resetting it by pulling out the power cord and leaving for a while.

But the last time I turned the power off I moved the carriage to the middle of the printer. And when I turned it back on, the error started again and the carriage shot to the home position at a speed of light. Ending in a broken blade cutter, bent piece of metal on the carriage and the steel belt snapped. WTF!!!

Anybody any ideas why my printer is possessed all of a sudden.

It was working great a ccouple of days ago.

Cheers Mark

sowinski_t

If it's giving you an encoder error, you need to clean off your encoder strip... I've never run a Falcon, but my old Roland 540 did something similar to that (as well as a bunch of other voodoo-type errors) and it was the encoder strip. It tells the carriage where it is on the printer basically, and if it's not clean (you get ink dust and other stuff on it) there printer is "confused" as to where it relative to everything else, and you end up with a scenario like what you described. I would use a clean damp cloth (some people use a 70% alcohol solution on it, but I was told not to.)
No idea about the IP adress thing though, sorry!