• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon II Network Card, *&$@ lightning!

gbarker

Anyone know what direction I need to head in to get a replacement network card for a Mutoh Falcon II 64. Can I use 'any ole PCI network card'? I've searched for a card but came up empty handed.

gbarker

$1275 for a network card. I was expecting $300, not $1275.

This is in the user manual:

"IEEE 1284 compatible / Network, High Speed
Interface (standard high-speed interface card – 4 Mb/s)."

Can I take it at it's word and use a standard network card?

gbarker

Yes, you can use a standard network card.

Thanks randya!

Thanks for the reminder. I unplugged my machine earlier due to lightning and would have left for the weekend without flipping it back on for the cleaning cycles.

APC makes a network surge arrestor. Might not be a bad investment. The really sad part is the battery backup I have this printer on has a built in network surge suppressor. I didn't know it was there until after the lightning strike though.

What Mutoh DOESN'T want you to know....lol

I don't think Mutoh was hiding this since it suggests in the user manual that a standard PCI card is all that is needed. I was mainly searching for confirmation so I didn't mess anything else up.

gbarker

Okay, I've tried 4 different known working network cards. They all show up and communicate with the router but the printer doesn't see them. The original network card wouldn't communicate with the router but the printer sees it. What gives?

Techman

if you have a router you have a firewall in there.. IF the system can see the device but will not talk,, then
check its settings..

gbarker

RandyA, I tried a known working standard PCI network card. Doesn't work. The printer doesn't see it. If this is the case do you think something happened to the main board?

CheapVehicleWrap

I saw an APC BUZZ across the table 25 years ago after a lightning strike without any problems to the computer. Same week, I touched a pc got the smallest shock I ever had and fried the video card :)