Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falcon Jr Ink Carts

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by Graphics.Atl, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Graphics.Atl

Graphics.Atl Member

Feb 28, 2008
    So I picked up a falcon jr about six months ago for $500. Needed some work and I finally have the parts to get it running (lines and heads were flushed, pretty sure it needs capping station and dampers). My question is can I use the ink carts that came with the machine? They expired in 2008 and have been installed and removed. There is plenty of ink left just not sure if I should go ahead and get a new set. Thanks in advance

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    I wouldn't use them...2 years old is a little past their prime IMO

3. Graphics.Atl

Graphics.Atl Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Will it do damage to the printer or maybe just unreliable prints? I kinda want to get it running before buying a set (if it is possible).

4. J Hill Designs

Sep 24, 2004
    Might clog the heads - whats $300? I restored a OCE CS6060 and had to spend $1250 on a new set of carts just to see if it worked right after restoring

5. Graphics.Atl

Graphics.Atl Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Definitely not worth it then. Speaking of heads which solvent should I use if I need to do a head soak? I thought I have heard of people breaking open the cleaning carts and using that solvent?

6. J Hill Designs

Sep 24, 2004
    yeah that. or you can order 200ml bottles of it

7. Graphics.Atl

Graphics.Atl Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Thank you for the help