• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Jr Ink Carts

Graphics.Atl

So I picked up a falcon jr about six months ago for $500. Needed some work and I finally have the parts to get it running (lines and heads were flushed, pretty sure it needs capping station and dampers). My question is can I use the ink carts that came with the machine? They expired in 2008 and have been installed and removed. There is plenty of ink left just not sure if I should go ahead and get a new set. Thanks in advance

Graphics.Atl

Will it do damage to the printer or maybe just unreliable prints? I kinda want to get it running before buying a set (if it is possible).

J Hill Designs

Might clog the heads - whats $300? I restored a OCE CS6060 and had to spend $1250 on a new set of carts just to see if it worked right after restoring

Graphics.Atl

Definitely not worth it then. Speaking of heads which solvent should I use if I need to do a head soak? I thought I have heard of people breaking open the cleaning carts and using that solvent?