• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

falcon outdoor jr driver

Imlost21

just purchased a used Mutah Falcon outdoor jr. I have been trying to download the driver for it, but the mutah site I have been searching keeps locking up. This is my 1st large format printer and I am soo excited to get it going. the Guy I bought it from forgot to put it with all the other cds. if someone knows where I could find one it would be greatly appreciated.

Imlost21

I will be using flexi8. but I think my biggest issue is installing the Intercon. I installed the software but something is not going all the way through. I get an error message that the sehmon is not installing correctly. another question is.. The ethernet cable, does that hook directly up to the computer that I will be using or can I hook it up to the router box that runs my wifi.:U Rock:

bmatlock5

i may be wrong, but i think you should not need a driver if you use flexi8. when i built my new computer, i just plugged everything up, got my ports right, and away i went printing. i think flexi has the driver built in when you install the printer. but i may be wrong though

CRD

When you install flexi 8 you get during installation a selection which machine you want to install.
Choose for the Mutoh Rockhooper Outdoor Junior or the 38'' equivalent.

Paco

Last edited:

J Hill Designs

it can be plugged into a router, just complicates the networking a bit - if you are connecting the RIP computer to the network via wifi, I suggest to NOT, because there will come a time where you will get signal loss mid-print, which could have been avoided by a hard-wired workflow

Imlost21

I miss-spoke and all I have at the moment is Flexi 8 Starter, When I open Flexi does not show my Falcon outdoor jr. in the manual I read that the Mutoh MH-GL and MH-GL/2 can use an HP-GL or HP-GL/2. I am not sure which one I should click in the add printer box. the unit number is SDMP38J, I dont know if this has anything to do with it. Thank you. It looks like I have the ip addresses correct now.

Imlost21

I was trying to set the printer up in flexi started but at the moment I have been doing most of my printing through Signblazer. I just spent alot of money on this Mutoh and a laminator and cant afford to upgrade software right now. when I got the printer the guy told me that I would be able to just install all the stuff he gave me and it would work. I should have done my homework. This is my first large format printer. I have been printing t-shirt graphics on a ricoh printer and just cutting vinyl with an old jsi cutter. I plan on getting a Graphtec with arms when I start making some of my money back that I spent on the printer and laminator and all of the materials that I bought to go with the printer. I already have orders that need printing and I cant do them untill I get all this going.

mopar691

I dont know what all software you have but seems like you do not have a rip. Flexistarter cannot nor can signblazer.

Last edited:

Imlost21

k,,,,,I finally got Flexi 10 installed and unplugged the ethernet cable from the wifi box and hooked it directly to my laptop, send job to printer and sends then says done. wrong port maybe?? lpt1,2,3 tcp/ip? cant get the numbers right. Grrr about to pull all my hair out.
:banghead:

CRD

Does your laptop has a parallel port? Guess not?
If it does you can directly print by parallecable.

Does your RH38 has a network connection build in? This is not standard but an option. Some might have it some not. If yes follow below otherwise there is a third option.

Do you have network? If yes plug the network cable from the RH38 direct to the router (Not by wifi) but a real LAN port with a cat UTP cable. Check which port the DHCP router give your RH38. Use this port during the install of flexi for TCPIP protocol.

Third option is to use a network to parallel adapter like this.
Is this what your machien came with?
http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-1-Po...7IFDR/ref=pd_sim_sbs_pc_3/176-2013541-7664453

Paco

So easy..................sorry if you got lost.

Last edited: