• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Favorite Intermediate Vinyl/Tape Combo

gplough

Just curious what your favorite Vinyl/Tape combo was? I send a lot of stuff to customers to self install - small lettering/DOT Numbers etc. Typically I send them Oracal 651 with briteline tape (that I have applied via a laminator).

My only concern with what I'm currently doing is that the 651 isn't always the easiest lifting stuff.

I also like RTape AT75 which works better but the 30" rolls don't really play that well with the laminator.

Appreciate your opinions!
Greg

ams

For transfer tape I only use Rtape 4075RLA, it's the best in my opinion. As for cut vinyl I only use Oracal 651

equippaint

651 and 4075 here too. Flip the vinyl over and remove the backing from the vinyl rather than pulling the tape/vinyl off of the backing. We fold the paper over and slide it flat across rather than at a 45 or 90 on the 651 if that makes any sense? Otherwise the vinyl likes to stay on the backing.

decalman

651 and 951.... I don't know why I never use 751. I guess everyone hates Mr In between.

Or the...pickel in the middle.

bannertime

We stock most of the Briteline colors and use their tape for 90% of the cut vinyl work. Was a long process for finding a new "go-to" after A6 disappeared.