• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB 700 automatic head maintenance frequency

Glavin_ID

We have had our used FB700 set up for over a month now, still getting to know the machine. Seems to run the "automatic maintenance" purge and wipe every 30 minutes or so, 24/7. Is that normal for this machine? We do have the white ink setup. Is there somewhere I can change that setting? I found where you can set it to run after so many jobs sent but it still does the one on it's own ALL THE TIME. I know it is necessary but every 30 minutes just seems like a lot.

flyplainsdrifta

unfortunately, due to the white ink config, it runs the auto purges on that cycle to keep the white flowing. from what i remember, unless you really want to shoot yourself in the foot, thats gotta stay on or you will have a big issue on your hands. hence why i took my white off and reconverted it back to 6 color. it's just not economically feasible when you figure out how much ink your wasting just in purges. do you guys run a ton of stuff with white or was it installed with it on?

Glavin_ID

Yeah, we print a lot of white. The whole reason we got the machine was to be able to print white. I am not super worried about the ink consumption. I am more concerned with wear and tear on the other components of the machine. The shop vacuum went on Friday so I got a little paranoid that it was the frequency of the purge and wipe that blew the vac. We also found out the hard way that the vac has to be 220. Blew the brand new 110 vac we got this morning in about 5 seconds.

Glavin_ID

No, we found a converter that we will limp along with until we find the right 220 vac or pony up and spend the $500 from HP.

signman315

Signmaker
About 4 years ago on an FB950 I was able to purchase a generic shop vac (220) and it was identical to the one that came with the machine except for the plug configuration...I cut the plug off of the OEM vaccum and wired into the new shop vac and it worked flawlessly. Cost was $80 for the vacuum as opposed to the $600+ HP wanted for the same thing. I have an FB550 now and it's still under warranty so I haven't had to get into it yet and so I'm not sure if you could do the same thing on the newer generation machines but I'm guessing yes.