• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB500 printhead splatter

Turnergraphics

has anyone dealt with print head splatter? It's probably either the printhead o rings or the vacuum tube system. But I don't see any ink inside the tubes. Anybody experienced in this?

FrankW

The tubes you can look into at the carriage are no ink tubes, but tubes of the vacuum system. The ink tubes are the black ones (UV-Ink will cure if exposed to light). So it can be seen if they are filled with ink or not.

Regularly the vacuum pump tries to hold a vacuum level in the tubes. What means the pump should start working every 5 to 10 seconds (is hearable as a short hum) for around one second. If there is a leakage at the printhead O-Rings, the vacuum pump runs in shorter intervals or perhaps permanently.

Most often print head splatter is a symptom of a worn wiper.

GP_Oz

Post a pic of your "prime bar"
Service printer - print tests - prime bar (from memory...on a sunday)
Its like the nozzel test but speaks volumes as to condition.
All head patterns should finish square to nozzels.
If the centers are blown out or have the mexican wave going on its going to cause issues.