• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB700 Error code W-SS-5

LeiftheLucky

I've been getting this error lately on my FB700::

'No Service Station Current Detected' error code: W-SS-5

I have been able to troubleshoot my way around most things on this machine but I don't even know where to start with this one.

Its still printing and has not effected the quality but I'm worried it might cause problems down the road.

Anybody have any ideas on how to possibly resolve this? Has anyone else gotten this error? The machine is out of warranty and it was decided by the powers that be to not renew it as it wasn't cost effective.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

VTSigns

Can you hear the shopvac running when you do a purge/clean ?

I had the exact same error code on mine last week and noticed the shop vac wasn't running. I ordered a new shop vac and swapped it out and the shop vac fixed my problem. I came in the next day and smelled that burning smell and the new shop vac wasn't working any longer. I now have the same error code again. I assume I might have a clog somewhere causing the shop vac motor to burn out? Any advice?

GP_Oz

The hose has a directional fitting when you install it in the shop vac side. If you point it up it will spary vac internals with the ink - which can eat through most things it touches. If you point it downwards it will last longer. Also make a point to open it up and empty it often. Other things like making sure you empty the service station into waste bottle all help. If the smaller vac hose has holes or cracks in it..it can pull extra waste into vac.

Or..you just had a faulty shopvac ?

Also, go to the EBOX which is in the user side and remove the power (its labeled) to shopvac until a new one is ordered - and or you locate the source of the issue.

Patrick Farrell

Having the same issue here. Looking to save a couple of bucks. Does anyone know what a comparable shopvac would be for this application?

Patrick Farrell

Hello.

Did you ever find out if you could use a comparable shop vac to what is $550 from HP? Thanks
I'm not sure that you can. I wanted to try but my boss wasn't having it. Issue is, the vac is hardwired to the printer and is a special purpose 220VAC plug. After speaking to a friend who is an HP tech, I found out that they're basically designed to only last about a year or so. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you. We have since sold our FB700 and bought a Vanguard VK300D-HS.

jwilde

I'm not sure that you can. I wanted to try but my boss wasn't having it. Issue is, the vac is hardwired to the printer and is a special purpose 220VAC plug. After speaking to a friend who is an HP tech, I found out that they're basically designed to only last about a year or so. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you. We have since sold our FB700 and bought a Vanguard VK300D-HS.
Exploring the VK300D, curious how long you've had it, if you're happy with the decision and what type of printing you do with it? Getting out of two FB700s and looking towards these machines.
Thanks.