• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB700 Output Roller Uneven

US-Signs

Hi there all!

Any of you know how to even out an uneven output roller?

I went in the control panel and re-homed the output roller successfully, but whenever I load media, the roller on the service side is always about an inch to inch and a half higher than the user side.

Thanks in advance for your help!

ikarasu

Does it stay uneven after the media is out? Ours is higher until the media passes a few inches under it... Then it lowers itself.

Stupid question, just wanted to make sure it wasn't being overlooked!

US-Signs

Well, when you do the OUTPUT ROLLER HOMING, the 'home' location is about two inches lifted from the bed. At this point, the roller is level.

When we actually load the media, the roller does come down, but the service side still raises about an inch.

It's my understanding that roller should be touching the media, correct?

ikarasu

I'll double check tomorrow. We have an fb500, so same concept. I kind of remember it never actually rolling when I look at it... I kind of think it's just there to prevent media from lifting up. So I think it's supposed to be really close, but not exactly touching...at least from what I remember. I'll definately watch tomorrow and post back.