• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB700 touch screen display

theyllek

Has anyone else had a problem with the touchscreen displaying wrong? When I turned on the 700 yesterday after being shut down over the weekend, the display comes up and is about an inch off to the right. I've checked and made sure all my cables were connected and tight, swapped out the VGA cable and ruled that out as the culprit. Re-calibrated the screen according to the service manual. And it's just the image that is off, you still have to touch the screen where the buttons would be if it was displaying properly.

I can hook up an external monitor to the 700, and it displays fine with no problems, other than it's just a cheap dell monitor and I still have to use the touch screen to input anything, it's been an interesting day to say the least, but better than being dead in the water

Any information would be helpful... trying to try all avenues before having to replace it and hope that solves the problem.
hopefully the photo comes through...

Displaying wrong
attachment.php

What we're working off of right now just to keep up with jobs... still have to use the touch screen to do anything but at least you can see the entire screen.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2486.jpg
    IMG_2486.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 790
  • IMG_2485.jpg
    IMG_2485.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 528

FulSnygg

Have you solved the problem? Same thing happened to our screen today.

Has anyone else had a problem with the touchscreen displaying wrong? When I turned on the 700 yesterday after being shut down over the weekend, the display comes up and is about an inch off to the right. I've checked and made sure all my cables were connected and tight, swapped out the VGA cable and ruled that out as the culprit. Re-calibrated the screen according to the service manual. And it's just the image that is off, you still have to touch the screen where the buttons would be if it was displaying properly.

I can hook up an external monitor to the 700, and it displays fine with no problems, other than it's just a cheap dell monitor and I still have to use the touch screen to input anything, it's been an interesting day to say the least, but better than being dead in the water

Any information would be helpful... trying to try all avenues before having to replace it and hope that solves the problem.
hopefully the photo comes through...

Displaying wrong

What we're working off of right now just to keep up with jobs... still have to use the touch screen to do anything but at least you can see the entire screen.

wunder

2 options....

1st buy a new one.....
2nd send to a tech that can be fixed......dpSwan says....welcome :popcorn:

theyllek

We had to order a new screen... in the mean time used an external monitor and then using the touch screen for input. It's interesting to say the least but at least we weren't completely dead in the water.

I did try to be sneaky and hook up another touchscreen monitor that we had around, but that didn't work and I really didn't want to explain to the boss that I wrecked the printer because I was trying to make the other monitor work. I take enough stuff apart as it is ^_^

greysquirrel

Power off unplug 220...remove cover and reseat cables at both the display and the EBOX...are the EBOX filters clean? One in front one under belt near power plugs...

why are you turning the printer off? There is no reason to...if loaded with white ink, I would never turn off...the printer will perform a 24 hour maintenance...good for the nozzles and the life of the printer...

I would always leave on...goes into standby after 30min of inactivity...

if you are still under warranty, call dealer or HP (whoever you purchased from and they should dispatch a tech and part...if out of warranty, try to purchase from dealer rather than HP...usually cheaper...there are a couple on East Coast...one up in hillside, NJ to try Diversified Display. I've gotten parts for years through them