• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC 4100-75 Impossable Circles ! Help

autoexebat

I'm using Flexi 8.1 with my FC4100-75 and most things cut just fine although when it comes to circles forget it !! I have changed blades and went though all of my settings and this is driving me crazy ! Can someone give me any advice ? Like I said everything is fine but this .

bz8lt.jpg Offsite Pic Replaced Please Observe Our Photo Posting Rules

Last edited by a moderator:

autoexebat

here is another test I have done , Today I took the cutter all apart and cleaned it , rollers are spotless , belt is tight I have 2 different blade holders , tried them both. As you can see everything is pretty much perfect until you get to the CIRCLE .... I sure hope this can be fixed

OH I also did a reset of the vinyl cutter , I ran a test 2 min ago , same results

257ejuu.jpg Offsite Pic Replaced Please Observe Our Photo Posting Rules

JR's

is it just on circles or curves to. how is it on letters will it cut o, c, Q B OK or is that off to.

JR

signage

If you have a set (say 3 by 3) of circles do they all cut them same or does it change from circle to circle?

TresL

Make sure the wheels on top of the guide are tight.
Can you wooble the cutting mech. around?

autoexebat

autoexebat

here is a picture of the circles .

Sorry not sure how else to post these pictures, hope this will do for now .
The offset is CB15UX 0

Attachments

• IMG_0831.JPG
    IMG_0831.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 78

Todd M Castle

Possible blade holder is old and worn out. The blade will lean in the curves instead of staying up and down. Does the machine read cb09u or PEN also? Only asking cause it looks like the blade picks itself up at the last moment before completing the cuts, which will happen if it says PEN, but could also be the blade holder causing that also.

signage

The problem looks like blade holder and you may also want to adjust your offset.

Have you cleaned and lubed your blade holder, you could try that but if it is worn it will not fix! The blade holder has a small bearing in it, if it gets gummed up the blade doesn't rotate smoothly and could be causing it. Are the nick at the stop and start points of the cuts?

autoexebat

No it reads CB15U .... I guess I better change that back to the one you said .

I have 2 different holders and they both do the same deal ..

I tried that and it actually seem a little better , but I need to do a little more cutting first to confirm

I have ripped the machine apart , I took my 80 gallon air compressor and blew the heck out of all the parts , even the blade holder . I then took the blade holder and used 3 in 1 oil and get that going nice . And No it doesn't complete some of the cuts 100%

But as of now everything on the machine is spotless , rollers are tight against the vinyl as well ..