• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC 7000 mark scan error glossy material

Printmaine

Hello all, my FC7000 contour cuts great with matte material but when i use glossy material I get a mark scan error on the first registration mark. I'm using Corel Draw X5, cutting master 2, hpl25500, and a graphtec fc7000-75. Is there a special setting for glossy material. Thanks.

Jackpine

Dim the room light or shade the optical sensor as it scans. Scan errors happens when there is a glare and it can't find the marks.

You should adjust the lamp intensity of the ARMS sensor to work with the glossy media. Every plotter is somewhat unique, but a value somewhere between 50 and 75 for both X and Y axis seems to work with many Graphtec devices.

Check your user manual (or the PDF) for specific instructions how to adjust the sensitivity of the ARMS sensor.

XAVictoria

Mark scan error

I keep receiving the mark scan error message as well, Is there a way to print directly from the comp to the plotter without have to insert vinyl already printed on?

I keep receiving the mark scan error message as well, Is there a way to print directly from the comp to the plotter without have to insert vinyl already printed on?

Cut from CorelDRAW or Illsutrator via the Graphtec plug-in called Cutting Master 2 (File Menu > Cutting Master 2 > Cut/ Plot).

omgsideburns

Make sure your marks aren't fuzzy. On my FC7000mk2, even a little over spray around the marks and it will throw an error.

And the usual fixes, like sticking a piece of matte lam over them, etc..

Xeon19

I spend hours and hours and days with my FC7000-130MK2". I had reps from the company I bought it from and they kept saying the material is too glossy. Snce they have alot of AD's on this board i rather not say who not to waste your time with. Our trick, used 2" masking tape, put it over the reg marks and go over the lines with a uni-ball vision micro ink pen. We used to use a marker but the fine pen works better. It is a must for reflective material. Just today, I cut out 8 sets of the same graphic and the cutter reacted different every time without tape. Once we taped it, worked fine.

bloobird0

place some pieces of square mate laminate juste over the marks and you'll be fine. I do this for reflective, chrome or fluo vinyls and works all the time.