• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC-8000 Cutting Force

Sagan4862

Seems no matter what i change the cut force to the plotter will not cut through the media. Im using 3m IJ680CR-10 Comply. Currently i have the force set on 20, it seems like it cuts better in certain areas and just scratches the top in other places. Is this an issue with one of the settings or something to do with the blades?

Thanks.

boxerbay

Sounds like you have the blade sticking out too far.

no - he does not have enough blade out.

force is the force of the downward pressure not the depth of cut. you can fudge some additional depth by increasing force but you will run into problems on some fine detail cuts.

we run force 17. what you need to do is increase your blade depth by turning blade holder clockwise one notch at a time and make test cuts until you get a clean cut.

signage

no - he does not have enough blade out.

force is the force of the downward pressure not the depth of cut. you can fudge some additional depth by increasing force but you will run into problems on some fine detail cuts.

we run force 17. what you need to do is increase your blade depth by turning blade holder clockwise one notch at a time and make test cuts until you get a clean cut.

I thought he said it was cutting through the liner! my mistake.