• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC-8000 Cutting Issues

Sagan4862

Having issues with my FC-8000 reading the registration marks and cutting. Most times it will not read the marks and when it does it cuts off of where its supposed to be. It will start close but by the time it finishes it 1/4"-1/2" off. Any tips or tricks to get this thing working right? Tried turning off the lights while its reading but it still failed.

Thanks

Robert Boyd

We also use Cutting Master 2 it is far superior to Onyx Cut server (Onyx 7) I don't know if the Cut Server is better with Onyx 10

Sagan4862

It seems more like an issue with the plotter itself. We have a 6000 i believe, that picks up the marks and cuts correctly. But that machine is buggy and doesnt always work the way it should (cuts X's through the center of the material.

Robert Boyd

We suffered for a year with CutServer until somebody on here told me about Cut Master 2. I don't know if you are familiar with Cutmaster2
It is a free download on the Graphtec web site. And by the way, when we purchased the Graphtec 7000 - we had a ton of problems
Our distributor sent us a new replacement after about 2 months, the replacement didn't work, sent that back immediately and to make us
happy they replaced the second machine with a FC8000. Then we suffered with cutserver for a year. Now we use CutMaster2 and we are alot happier.
If your machine is new get your distributor to get things right

Sagan4862

Ill try Cut Master 2 on Monday when i go back. The only issue i may have with that is I work for the State Gov't so im not sure if ill be able to download it. The whole situation with this has been a nightmare. Im almost tempted to go back to our old cutter and run Wasatch.

Snydo

Is your plotter set to scan all 4 crops? it's buried in one of the menus. I would double check your grit roller tension levers in the back, if they are wrong it can hugely impact accuracy. Also if I'm plotting a gloss material(not sure if you are) I cut little squares of Matte laminate and place it over the crop marks....this has worked miracles for me on low error tolerance jobs. Good Luck.

JAMEY

I don't blame you. I got rid of my FC8000 due to the massive problems we had with it contour cutting. I Had Cutting Master 2, had the Graphtec tech on the phone multiple times, and all to no avail. Been contour cutting with my Roland easily for a while now. So easy.

I'm sure the Summa is great too.

edgette

Out of the box I had problems with my 8000 as well. I had to go in and turn down the speed at which it reads the registration marks. Even though the dealer said I'd never have to worry about those settings. After I did that it reads properly 90% of the time. It rarely cuts off it just won't read one of the marks for some reason so I have to reposition the blade and have it try again. I did find out you should only do this once out of the four crop marks. If I reset it twice in one print it will be off for sure. I then have to cancel the cut, reposition the print and try again.

Bill Modzel

I've been using CuttingMaster 2 for 5 years now on my 7000 and find the accuracy amazing. I ran 8- 36" sheets on 30" vinyl yesterday. A 1pt trap on the cutline, over 500 small decals.
I registered the first one a let her go. If you can get the vinyl straight to begin with, the machine is great.
This may sound weird but I align the first two registration marks by jamming my thumbnails on them until I get them into the groove where the stainless steel meets the black metal, than I close the clamp. I have run 50 feet of vinyl at a time and never fluctuated over 1/8" by aligning the vinyl this way instead of visually.