• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Fc-8000 Teflon Strip

papabud

Lone Wolf
So i have a graphtec cutter
The tyflon strip is starting to show wear and i was wanting to replace it.
So i approached my boss about ordering a new one.
This was his response
"Those things never wear out if its going bad it cause you did something wrong, i am not ordering a new one"
I know this one has taken some damage mostly do to double cuts that find their way in to files.
I also run on the average about 100' of material through the machine a day.

So my question is how often do others replace theirs?

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
The Cutting Mat is definitely a wearable item that needs to be replaced periodically. It really depends on how much and what type of material/cutting you are doing. The strip for the FC8000-160 is only about $40 plus shipping. It is definitely worth it to replace it. Once the teflon strip fails it will start to damage the plastic base that holds it and that requires replacing the platen of the cutter.

boxerbay

I ordered the teflon strips and they failed after a month of use. the teflon separated from the adhesive it comes with. I called graphtec about it and they tried to tell me i did not clean the base well before installing. I told him the glue is fine. it is still on the rail the problem is the teflon strip has separated from the adhesive. after 3 calls and photos going round and round there were not going to help. I just dont use the teflon strip. if you have your pressures and blade depth set correctly it doesnt touch the plastic strip. plastic strip is for kiss cut so the blade should not go all the way through the media. cutting through you should have blade in front slot so it runs in the gutter and not the strip.