• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

fc 8600 question

crny1

Anyone got any tricks or tips to loading a sheet STRAIGHT into the machine? I try to use the little boxes on the right side but I am always a little off. Usually means it misses the last registration mark. Anyone got any tips on getting the material straight the first try? Thanks

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I set it close then advance the material so that the crop marks are lined up with the cutting trench/slot. Using a fingernail to push down and feel where the mark is hitting the edge. Lift the hold down up and make adjustments until they are even. Works just about every time.
One thing that helps with wide heavy stuff that wants to shift around before the wheels are lowered is a small (strong) magnet. I set the closest mark with the pinch wheels up and use the magnet to lock that corner in place and then adjust the other end. Lower the pinch wheels and remove the magnet.
I do this on a CE6000 - should work on the FC8600.

woolly

just before you print do a sheet cut off on the printer that will give you a straight edge that will be in alignment to the print, align this edge with the cutter bed lower the rollers, then your normal set ups. you may waste 2 3 ins of material but guaranteed to be in alignment to the print even if the print material was loaded originally a little off in the printer.

Always start with a straight edge. I use the axle of the wheels and align my media edge to the axle. How long of a run are you talking about though. Do you have 8 ft. in between reg marks or is it 4 ft or so? If we have a really long print that needs to be cut we will use segmented registration marks. We will align the axels to the center set of registration marks and then use the machine to roll back to the first set of reg marks. Starting in the center seems to give us better registration on long runs. Not really necessary for anything under 6 ft.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I set it close then advance the material so that the crop marks are lined up with the cutting trench/slot. Using a fingernail to push down and feel where the mark is hitting the edge. Lift the hold down up and make adjustments until they are even. Works just about every time.
I do this exact thing! Didn't know if anyone else does this or not.

crny1

Thanks for the ideas. Hopefully these will help speed up my process on the cutter. Just a good thing we dont do alot of cutting or I might throw this thing out the window!

ikarasu

Co-worker before me used 2 thumb tacks... He'd press it into the corners of the reg marksand use that to align it right into the groove... It's a fool proof / idiot way.

I just push down and get it as straight as possible with my thumbs... Maybe 1 in 100 times is it off. Long prints over 6 FT I also do segmented... then it just adjusts itself.