• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC4100-45 from LPT to USB

mariolo

Hello Everybody,

I need help connecting my plotter to my laptop via USB , the plotter only has 1 LPT connection and 1 Serial 25 pins,
1tX6cgy.jpg

I bought an LPT to USB cable, yet my computer detects it as "Printing Support",
U6QZzkm.jpg

With the current set up i have ( LPT to USB ) is there anyway around this error? I tried to replace the driver but i was not able to,

alternately, Is it better to have an USB to Serial (9Pins) adapter and then a cable from Serial 25pins to Serial 9pins connected? If so, which one do you recommend? ( i saw on this post that someone posted a link from amazon with this 2 options, are those 2 a functional solution? ),

Thank you ,

Br.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
USB to Parallel is probably the way you want to go. It's the one on the bottom. Then you choose one of the COM ports and it should work.

mariolo

USB to Parallel is probably the way you want to go. It's the one on the bottom. Then you choose one of the COM ports and it should work.
Thank you VanderJ, do you think this set up will work? Cable and Adapter , not sure if i need an specific adapter with some short of technology, thank you again

studio10

I agree, LPT to USB is the best option. On my old Roland cx-24 I tried several LPT to USB cables from different manufacturers. Some worked, some did not. Another option is the LPT card for the laptop, but you should try it on FC4100. Or get an older, used laptop with a LPT port.

mariolo

I agree, LPT to USB is the best option. On my old Roland cx-24 I tried several LPT to USB cables from different manufacturers. Some worked, some did not. Another option is the LPT card for the laptop, but you should try it on FC4100. Or get an older, used laptop with a LPT port.

Thanks, i have already tried with 3 LPT to USB cables before posting in here, nothing really worked , my Serial to USB cable will arrive this week and i will give some feedback here at the forum if anyone has the same problem in the future!

bannertime

Seems like we need a short code that we can paste in a comment to answer this question. Like the third one this month.

mariolo

So i finally made it work,

not sure if this will help any other who had the same problem but it did work for me,

i used this cable and the easy cuts for this,

1- Connect your plotter ( USB and Power up )
2- Install the drivers located here
3- Go to your devices and printers and you will see the Graphtec 4200 plotter in there, right click on it and go to Printer Properties, go to the ports tab, and select the USB port
4- ( This step will work with easy cuts not sure about the other software ) After opening the easy cuts go to "Cutter - My Cutter - Manage Cutter" In there Select Graphtec from the drop down list and then select FC on the model list
5- Click on the Cutter option and set up the settings as this:
vfJCyIV.jpg

after that you should be able to make the plotter work, hope this helps someone in the future

Last edited: