• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC7000 75

Master's Touch

Cutter won't reset origin.

When I go to set material it checks y, then proceeds to roll the media forward, and won't stop. Would literally run out 50 yds if I let it. Have done factory reset....still the same. HELP!

Bigdawg

Just Me
When you set the origin, make sure it says rear instead of front. It looks at the piece going through the front of the machine as the rear and if you have it set for front, it will just keep rolling until the sensor picks up no more material.

unclebun

Make sure you're not telling it you've loaded a sheet. It will roll through looking for the end of the sheet if you do.

Master's Touch

It is set to REAR, and no matter what I do, sheet or roll, it keeps right on rolling. If I try to do a sheet, it will run the material right off the machine.

DonutSlinger

Have you tested the media sensors on the front or back? Have you also tried, just for troubleshooting, setting it to FRONT to see what happens?

DonutSlinger

YEP. I am at a total loss.

Sensors are clean? I remember there being in service mode a way to check sensors and/or buttons. To get in service mode hold down TEST+ENTER and turn it on.

If not, my next guess would be to unplug the sensors, try it again, see what happens. I have a new summa that the pinch roller sensor just went out on, and an encoder sensor fail on a Roland before, so that does happen.