• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC7000 Cutting Issues

richmondsar

Okay I'm all out of ideas here. My plotter no longer wants to cut correctly. When cutting any letter with a curve for some reason it is unable to find the start point to complete the cut. It is generally 1mm off mark left to right. I stress the left to right because if it was as simple a fix as increasing the overcut by a mm I would do it. No it's just waaaay off mark. This in turn makes weeding impossible and I have to trim every letter. I think I've done everything under the sun to correct the problem but obviously I'm missing something. Below is what I've tried.

1. Dehumidifier... maybe the vinyl is getting warped.
2. Complete cleaning.
3. Updated firmware & drivers.
4. Purchased new bladed.
5. Purchased new blade holder.
6. Turned on tangible emulation/turned off tangible emulation.
7. Sacrificed a chicken.
8. Adjusted speed, pressure, knife offset, packet size, curve quality, step pass, initial downforce, offset angle.
9. Tried the whole chicken thing again.
10. Called both advantage tech support & graphtec tech support and was told the exact same thing right away: Change your blade holder.
11. Tried a different brand of viny. (I use Accucut 2mil premium cast)

If someone could post the exact settings they use for Flexi Production Manager & Graphtec Cutting Plotter Controler maybe I could mimic someones settings and that might fix it.

H E L P me I'm begging you guys.

stickerguynyc

that could happen when the blade getting old. try offset +1, +2 and see if correct the problem.
do a cut test and see how off it is.. and change offset

signguy95

We use a setting of 17, 50, 4, 0 respectively from top to bottom on our machine...mind you that the force on yours may be adjusted accordingly to your blade depth in the holder.

Ours barely sticks out a little.
We also let the machine control the setting, not the software.

I agree with doing a test cut from the machine, not software and do the one that cuts the words not the squares and triangles. test cut 3 I think?

Jay

gamerxr72

Sounds like the media might be slanting a little.

1. Make sure you are using all 4 pinch rollers.
2. Make sure the tab on the pinch rollers is down for rollers 1 and 4, and is up for rollers 2 and 3.
3. Make sure the teflon strip doesnt have a jagged groove down its length.

Neil

When you say "left to right" do you mean up and down the Y axis or left to right on the x axis??
If it's out on the Y axis only it would indicate that the belt may be slipping a tad.
I had this problem with my last cutter where the spindle on the motor that drives the belt had a bit of play in it .
This resulted in a bit of slippage as the cutter head moved up and down.

Either that, or the belt might need re-tensioning.