• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

fc7000 x position error

PreImp

I have an fc7000 that has started giving me a recurring problem. When doing a (f1 key) Rear set to initialize the material, the x motor frantically spins and cause an x position error. It will not work for awhile and then it will start working again. I called graphtec and they said it's the motor, but I don't necessarily agree. Sometimes the motors will turn so fast, it causes the machine to reboot. On another instance I initialize with the f2 key and then hit the f1 key and the motor spins frantically causing a reboot. I imagine it may be the mainboard, but was curious if any one else has had an experience like this. I saw another thread with a similar situation, but it never gave an answer as to what the problem was. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

woolly

For about the last year mine has been doing similar every time I take it to bits etc put back together it seams to cure it for a while
Last meaningful thing I did was after checking the voltage output of the power unit was changed the power lead.
Instant cure been a month now problem not returned touch wood

PreImp

Thanks so much.. I am going to give that a try.. I assume you mean the power cord from the wall to the unit correct?? I came back this morning and it started working again... It's so crazy!!!

woolly

Yes the main power cord
As you say on set up the feed motor would go mad and bring on a motor error
When checking the output of the power supply i noticed strange readings as the set up whent to move the vinyl then the feed motor would go bananas
Would appear that there was voltage but when current was asked for it gave up momentarily but not enough to turn the machine off
The plug in to the machine felt a little loose so replaced it