• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC8000-130 Connection Problem

printsnmore

I have a graphtec FC8000-130 plotter and I am not able to connect to it from my software. Standing in front of the machine it turns on and measures the width of the material and I can even change conditions and set origin for cutting as well as test cut the material. I use both cutting master and flexi depending on which program my customer designs their project it. So when I go to send the image to be cut out the programs are saying it can't poll the machine. Things I've noticed leading up to the cutter not talking is in mid cutting of a job the machine would just stop and act like it was stuck in a loop and not move forward in the cutting, sometimes it could sit for 30 minutes before it just timed out. When I unplug the usb cord from the computer I can hear the computer make the sound like it recognized the device. Things I've tried:

1) Re-install software
2) Reset cutter to factory settings
3) Plug cutter into a different computer
4) Change out the USB cord it was plugged in with
5) Updated drivers

Right now I am using an old Roland GX24 to get me by until I can figure out how to fix this graphtec. Does anybody have any ideas?

macmedia

Sounds like the main board is fried. We repaired a customer's FC7000 not too long ago and the USB on the main board was bad.

Either get a new board or get it fixed.

father

I have a graphtec FC8000-130 plotter and I am not able to connect to it from my software. Standing in front of the machine it turns on and measures the width of the material and I can even change conditions and set origin for cutting as well as test cut the material. I use both cutting master and flexi depending on which program my customer designs their project it. So when I go to send the image to be cut out the programs are saying it can't poll the machine. Things I've noticed leading up to the cutter not talking is in mid cutting of a job the machine would just stop and act like it was stuck in a loop and not move forward in the cutting, sometimes it could sit for 30 minutes before it just timed out. When I unplug the usb cord from the computer I can hear the computer make the sound like it recognized the device. Things I've tried:

1) Re-install software
2) Reset cutter to factory settings
3) Plug cutter into a different computer
4) Change out the USB cord it was plugged in with
5) Updated drivers

Right now I am using an old Roland GX24 to get me by until I can figure out how to fix this graphtec. Does anybody have any ideas?

Two things you can try:
1) Open Device Manager (accessible through Control Panel) and see if the cutter is detected under 'Unknown Device' or 'Other Device'. If not, does it show up under 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers'?

2) Get a USB-to-Serial adapter. Just because the USB port fails doesn't necessarily mean that the MB is fried. You may still be able to communicate via the serial port and with an adapter it doesn't matter if your PC has a good ol' fashioned serial port or not. You'll need a Null RS232 Serial cable and I'd go name brand on the adapter.

DiamondGraphix

i have the same plotter, just switch usb cords, if your ripping out of illustrator, I always have this issue after updates, make sure u update your firmware the same time you update cuttingmaster, also if this doesnt work uninstall and reinstall.:thumb: