• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC8000, CM3, Mark Scan Errors...

jfiscus

Rap Master
Up until recently we've been doing all of our large format cutting of prints by manually aligning the tool with the origin point. However, we would like to start using Cutting Master 3 with our Graphtec FC8000-160 to achieve more accurate cuts.

I have installed Cutting Master 3, upgraded the Graphtec firmware to 3.0, and created what I believe to be a correct file with registration marks (type II) in Illustrator. I did a test print on glossy economy vinyl, and CANNOT get the software to sense the registration marks. I have positioned the tool in the yellow area, as instructed by Graphtec, but it gives me the same error EVERY time, no matter what settings I change on the machine or in the software.

The print is good quality, and the machine itself can find the marks in the ARMS menu... PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE HALP! :banghead::banghead::banghead::frustrated::frustrated:

jfiscus

Rap Master
Ok, I went back to Cutting Master 2 at the recommendation of the Graphtec tech. I also figured out that it IS finding the first registration mark; and then it is only going about 1/4-1/3 of the way to look for the next mark... if I have a mark ~12" away it looks about 3"; for ~24" away it looks about 6" away for the mark...???

I've been through every menu I can find in the software and plotter, and CANNOT figure this one out! :frustrated: The ARMS system passed every test the tech had me put it through.

It seems to be an issue with the software & it communicating with the plotter.
I have 4 orders that are due asap, and the registration has to be good... :banghead::banghead:
Any Graphtec / CM2 Masters out there?

Re the CM3 issue: I am guessing that there is a discrepancy between the step size in GPGL between the CM3 software and the GPGL value set in plotter's firmware. If the plotter were set to a step value of 1016/in and the software to 256/in, this would account for the 1/4 scaling issue that you are seeing...

jfiscus

Rap Master
Re the CM3 issue: I am guessing that there is a discrepancy between the step size in GPGL between the CM3 software and the GPGL value set in plotter's firmware. If the plotter were set to a step value of 1016/in and the software to 256/in, this would account for the 1/4 scaling issue that you are seeing...

I just got off the phone with a tech and he fixed me up! I was set to the wrong language (HPGL vs GPGL), as I was previously sending through Gerber Omega. He had me set it to AUTO, and then I changed both of the step settings to 1016/in (both were set to 256/in previously)

I am now cutting with Cutting Master!!! I knew it was something simple, I've just never had to mess with the settings before.

I never knew what those languages were for!

jmag215

thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!! i have been fighting this for a few months now and on the verge of taking a baseball bat to the machine. i was having to align manually and never getting good results. i live 4 hours away from the nearest tech and they of course don't wan to travel to help out a small home based business. i did what you said you did on yours and bam! works perfect, this could have saved me lots of anxiety in the past but thank you so much for posting on how to fix the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!

jfiscus

Rap Master
thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!! i have been fighting this for a few months now and on the verge of taking a baseball bat to the machine. i was having to align manually and never getting good results. i live 4 hours away from the nearest tech and they of course don't wan to travel to help out a small home based business. i did what you said you did on yours and bam! works perfect, this could have saved me lots of anxiety in the past but thank you so much for posting on how to fix the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were doing the same thing. Since I figured it out we've been using CM3 without any issues and cutting has been spot-on. It certainly saves a lot of time and headache!

spudstr

Up until recently we've been doing all of our large format cutting of prints by manually aligning the tool with the origin point. However, we would like to start using Cutting Master 3 with our Graphtec FC8000-160 to achieve more accurate cuts.

I have installed Cutting Master 3, upgraded the Graphtec firmware to 3.0, and created what I believe to be a correct file with registration marks (type II) in Illustrator. I did a test print on glossy economy vinyl, and CANNOT get the software to sense the registration marks. I have positioned the tool in the yellow area, as instructed by Graphtec, but it gives me the same error EVERY time, no matter what settings I change on the machine or in the software.

The print is good quality, and the machine itself can find the marks in the ARMS menu... PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE HALP! :banghead::banghead::banghead::frustrated::frustrated:

we had a similar issue... could not read registration marks.. and errored out.. graphtec ran diagnostics on it. front and rear media sesnors not responding... now its.. getting repaired.. Might wan to have them run a diag on it and see if the sensors are shot..

jfiscus

Rap Master
we had a similar issue... could not read registration marks.. and errored out.. graphtec ran diagnostics on it. front and rear media sesnors not responding... now its.. getting repaired.. Might wan to have them run a diag on it and see if the sensors are shot..

Read down (now above), they got me straightened out. Ours could read the marks, I was just telling it the wrong way to look for them, lol.

The first tech I talked to said it needed sent to them for repair ($$$$$), then another tech called 1/2 hour later from another location and knew as soon as I started talking what my problem was - an easy 5 minute fix! I hope you get your straightened out.