• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC8000 sending jobs to the cutter issue

sunhochoi

I just recently got a new FC8000 and have a question about sending jobs through CM2 in illustrator.

For example, to make things simple, lets say i have two separate jobs/files i need to cut. One is a square, one is a circle. They are two separate jobs, and two separate files.

Connected under USB.. I open both files using illustrator. I go to the square file and send that to cut. (with the option of cross cut after job is done) ... now WHILE this job is cutting, i go to the circle file and send that to cut. (nothing is held in the software memory. I assume it is all going to the cutter's built in memory.) Once the first job is cut, it cross cuts the vinyl and then the next job starts cutting. I can send many jobs (separate files) to the cutter and the cutter will just cut one after another (cross cutting in between jobs) PERFECT!

I just want this to work the same when i'm connected under the ethernet. I have the factory installed network card and have it plugged into my router. I change the settings under CM2 to use the IP address port.

Connected under Network.. I open both files using illustrator. I go to the square file and send that to cut. ... WHILE this job is cutting i try to send another file. Once the first file is finished, the cutter should start the second one, however nothing happens. Any jobs I send to the cutter while the cutter is cutting get lost. I have to wait until the current job is fully completed before i send the next job.

Does anyone know why i cannot send multiple jobs to the cutter using the network connection?

Thanks in advance!