• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC8600 Question

Commando

So I am having problems with the right side cutting all the way through. The left side is perfectly weedable.
I can have pressure all the way up and it still wont cut through. I have replaced pen holder and strip.
I have paid close attention to the belt for the motor and everything seems consistent all the way through.
Any other ideas?

ikarasu

I know you replace the strip. But when there is no material on the machine. Does it feel like it is higher on the right side than the left? It's pretty easy to tell you just take a piece of vinyl and try to run it through. See if it hits the cutting strip on one side but not the other.

Sometimes glue residue or something else could be under the Strip, and even if it is a new one, if it's not installed perfect, it would cause even issues.

Commando

Is the plotter sitting terrifically unlevel?
How long has it been doing this? How wide is the material this is happening to? Only 48" or even on 24"? Are all of the rollers set to the same tension(this doesn't seem to have any impact, but worth a look)? Do you have the bladeholder in the proper position, and minimal blade sticking out?
Completely level.
About 2 or 3 weeks. Plotter is 2 or 3 years old. All sizes. 18"-48". All same tension, I assume. Never messed with them since a tech hooked everything up. bladeholder and blade is good.
I was cutting some 3M EG with laminate the other day, had pressure ALL the way up, and blade sticking out extra far and it still didnt cut through. I had to finish them on the other FC we have.

Commando

I guess I should mention one of the roller assemblies are "loose" meaning even with handle up, you can still move it.
But that has been loose for a while now and this problem is more recent.

karst41

On the back side of the Plotter you have a lever for Each Roller.
Make sure all are Down. ( sorry I forget what they are called)

If one or two is in the Mid or Up position you will have issues.

If all levers are down, then get it serviced.
A Service call is $300 or $400 so what, that Graphtec is your Race Horse.

JulieS

I had what sounds like exactly the same problem and found that I was putting the blade holder into the tool holder incorrectly so that the "flange" wasn't holding it down. Hard to explain. It should have been common sense, I guess, but I was following the user manual directions. I think the directions are misleading and/or incomplete on that point. SO, if you're a "read-the-directions" type person like I am, maybe this could also be your problem ;-)

Commando

I have gotten to the point where i think this is an electrical issue. Nothing else makes sense. So, I had this bright idea to do a factory reset. It didnt help :(
Im wondering if its the mother board

Commando

So, I just fixed the problem. Its weird though...
All i did was move the pen to the other slot in the holder and brought the blade out a tad. Its cutting like it should. At least with thin black vinyl.

Commando

Like the left side is still cut fine, right side is unweedable? Or it does not want to read registration marks?
Yes. I have to move the needle back into the proper place on the holder or it cuts off. In doing so, the right side still wont weed. Exact same spot. Every. Time. Blows my mind.
I have a tech coming next week with my new printer.. i am going to get him to check it out.