• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

feed compensation adjustment cjv30

ironchef

Hello guys, i was messing with the feed compensation while printing. Pressing function and enter to adjust... it was at 0. Printed some stuff at -2 positive 2. And so on. I found positive 4 to be the best. The roll of vinyl is about half way gone but is a 3mil vinyl. Anyways. What number have you guys found the best?

ironchef

This is one thing that wasn't discussed during training. Its hard to fit everything in within two days. I'm very pleased with the tech we got and we learned alot, but i still feel sometimes i would have preferred someone straight from japan to teach me all the in's and out's. Lol i know they're the ones that give our techs support. I kind of wish we had a direct line to mimaki techs. Im going to start taking japanese lessons. Konichiwa! Lol

ironchef

Thanks i didn't know it went up that high. So the heavier the media on the back the more compensation... what about when its on the take up reel. does that change anything?

Matt-Tastic

You should have an Owner's Manual on CD with your printer. If not, www.mimaki.com has it for download. It has all of the feed adjust and alignment procedures for the machine, and it's written very easily with pictures.

There is also a menu tree at the end, in case you can't figure out where a command is.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:ROFLMAO:. I thought the title said something about feeling constipation and had to read this one right away............... :Oops:

Never-mind............ :covereyes:

mustafade

In my experience for the same media in question, the room tempreature changes the feed comp one day to another.