Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

feed compensation adjustment cjv30

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by ironchef, Sep 30, 2012.

1. ironchef

ironchef Very Active Member

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Hello guys, i was messing with the feed compensation while printing. Pressing function and enter to adjust... it was at 0. Printed some stuff at -2 positive 2. And so on. I found positive 4 to be the best. The roll of vinyl is about half way gone but is a 3mil vinyl. Anyways. What number have you guys found the best?

Tags:
  2. ironchef

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    This is one thing that wasn't discussed during training. Its hard to fit everything in within two days. I'm very pleased with the tech we got and we learned alot, but i still feel sometimes i would have preferred someone straight from japan to teach me all the in's and out's. Lol i know they're the ones that give our techs support. I kind of wish we had a direct line to mimaki techs. Im going to start taking japanese lessons. Konichiwa! Lol

3. Out There

Out There Member

Sep 24, 2011
    Washington
    I'm usually between 3-5 on vinyl and 30 and up on some banner material.

4. ironchef

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Thanks i didn't know it went up that high. So the heavier the media on the back the more compensation... what about when its on the take up reel. does that change anything?

5. Matt-Tastic

Matt-Tastic Member

Nov 25, 2008
    You should have an Owner's Manual on CD with your printer. If not, www.mimaki.com has it for download. It has all of the feed adjust and alignment procedures for the machine, and it's written very easily with pictures.

There is also a menu tree at the end, in case you can't figure out where a command is.

6. ironchef

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Thanks. I never even read that manual. Ill give it a look see

7. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    :ROFLMAO:. I thought the title said something about feeling constipation and had to read this one right away............... :Oops:

Never-mind............ :covereyes:

8. mustafade

mustafade Member

Aug 13, 2010
    In my experience for the same media in question, the room tempreature changes the feed comp one day to another.