• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Feedback for customer

jkdbjj

I have a customer working on their logo before we move into signage. I told them I would see if I could get some opinions. I did not design these, the customer is having these designed. He is a friend of mine, which is the only reason I offered to help get some opinions.

The clothing line is a young hip line, aimed at college age, and generally the younger crowd. This logo will be small on the apparel, maybe on the tags of the shirts, and somewhere on the shirt itself. So it will not be prominent.

I like the one with the banner, but think the letters are maybe to thick.

Thanks.
hm1.jpg

hm2.jpg

hm3.jpg

Flame

You say young, but what kind of young crowd? Hipster, Punk, Frat, Prep, Hick, Emo, Country, Rocker, Crunchy, Rockabilly...?

Right now it looks very preppy/ tight-collared-youth-drinking-boxed-wine. But is that his target market? If so the name doesn't make sense, because we all know what "high mind" means...

thinksigns

SnowFlake
a quick thought. could still use some finesse.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-11-14 at 11.10.46 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-11-14 at 11.10.46 AM.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 60

ucmj22

these are not hitting the mark for young hip crowd. needs a really strong icon that doesn't necessarily mean anything but is recognizable. think volcom.

DSC

They may need to do some more research into the demo of the groups they are targeting.. I agree that these do not seem to appeal to the "collegiate millionaire" types they may be going for.

Ask if they had the designer
1- find/create an inspiration board
2- go over the findings for the board with them
3- do any preliminary rough idea analysis to find direction for the design before giving these three options

and finally , who is the designer? It should be a company or firm or person that has had succes in branding a type of business like this, or businesses that are appealing to the target demo .. I'm just asking if the designer is the best fit for the project?

That being said, the one in the middle is best IMO because it incorporates a logo "element" that could be used without putting the name on the given piece of apparel.

That could be the entire front of the shirt, or the emblem on the left breast of the polo ..

But I would definitely hit the drawing board some more..

jkdbjj

The crowd is made up of Marijuana supporters. It is in an effort to support the growing number of states that are legalizing its use. The clothing line is aimed at people who would wear shirts that showcase images and words that talk about the positive aspects to Marijuana, but in a way that connects to young adults.

Perhaps none of these capture that concept. Perhaps that "H" has potential to be iconic enough, but I agree it doesn't have the appeal that might speak to this audience.

Well, thanks for the input.

Marlene

The crowd is made up of Marijuana supporters. It is in an effort to support the growing number of states that are legalizing its use. The clothing line is aimed at people who would wear shirts that showcase images and words that talk about the positive aspects to Marijuana, but in a way that connects to young adults.

I am not young or hip but the shakey big H made me think pot when I saw it and none of the other ideas did.

jkdbjj

So I told the customer most people like the "H" variation. So, they took that and the feedback to connect to a younger more hip audience, with more of an iconic feel, and this is the direction they have gone.
It appears the symbol is doing the H M A, sort of thought provoking.

I think it's pretty cool, what do you think in comparison to the other ones?
LOGO3.jpg

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Tinker toys.

Probably before your time, lol.

I'd use something like "sacred geometry", if you are going the linear look - kids these days are eating that up.

peavey123

I don't mind the first one, but think the H could use some organic-ness, maybe some crystallize tool in illy to make it leafy looking. Something subtle. I'm not too crazy about the font either.