• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Feeling Thankful

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
I was driving on my way to a vendor today, when I see something out of the corner of my left eye, look and see a car angled 45° at me while we're going 75 mph on the highway. Car smashes into my front quarter panel, spin twice, smash into the concrete barrier twice, and hit the car that hit me 3 times(last time stopped me from flipping) before watching the car that hit me, take off and flee the scene. A truck behind me(that witnessed it) had pulled behind me, but then chased after the guy when he fled. The driver of the car that hit me, then proceeded to smash into someone else when fleeing, sending the passengers to the hospital urgently.

My car was totaled but I walked away unscathed.

My wife and 4 kids got an extra big hug tonight, and will for a long time.

SignosaurusRex

Glad to hear you are okay. :thumb: We sometimes forget how quickly an everyday task can go up-side-down in a split second and ruin your day, let alone life itself. I was recently reminded of this myself while out of town on an install. Bottom line...let it be a daily reminder and conduct yourself accordingly.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Glad you made it through. That kinda stuff can really knock ya silly.

Same thing happened to me almost 3 years ago. Hit the middle barrier 3 times, but the cause of my accident got away. She actually gave me the finger while I was going down the highway bouncing off of tbings..... going backwards.

Did they catch your culprit ??

gabagoo

WOW!! Good to hear your OK. 300M is a big car by today's standards.. These people who take off have to be drunk or uninsured...hopefully they catch them and put them away.

DerbyCitySignGuy

I was driving on my way to a vendor today, when I see something out of the corner of my left eye, look and see a car angled 45° at me while we're going 75 mph on the highway. Car smashes into my front quarter panel, spin twice, smash into the concrete barrier twice, and hit the car that hit me 3 times(last time stopped me from flipping) before watching the car that hit me, take off and flee the scene. A truck behind me(that witnessed it) had pulled behind me, but then chased after the guy when he fled. The driver of the car that hit me, then proceeded to smash into someone else when fleeing, sending the passengers to the hospital urgently.

Whoa! Glad you're alright. Sounds like you were driving the right vehicle. I got hurt way worse in a fender bender once while driving a BMW.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Feeling REALLY lucky now.

Just got back from the tow yard(collecting my things out of the car) and an officer was there photographing 2 cars. It was the kids car that hit me and the other vehicle struck later down the road. The kid is on life support. One of the passengers in the other car was killed.

Zach Starr

Head of Printing Operations

Waoh !! Like they say.. Life is precious !!!

So how are you feeling a year later....?

I wouldn't have noticed this is an old thread if it weren't for your reply.

I'm also very glad you're still with us, HD and I'm sure your family is too. You're certainly a funny character and there's never a dull moment when you participate in the discussions around this place. It might be worth the extra money to let your vendor ship to you from now on. Were you driving to Signs365? For some reason, I seem to recall you mentioning they are close by, but I could be thinking of someone else.