Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fellers 1 man warehouses now?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by 149motorsports, Jul 24, 2012.

1. 149motorsports

149motorsports Active Member

Aug 8, 2006
    PITTSBURGH
    Just got back from my fellers and they laid off one of the two guys that work there. Said the warehouses are going to be a one man show now. I wasnt to happy as both guys are great helpers for me especially if im running late or in need of a rush order. Has anyone else been effected by this layoff at your local fellers or is it just mine that is a one man show?

Tags:
  2. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
    +1 Norcross, GA warehouse is one man show

3. 149motorsports

Aug 8, 2006
    PITTSBURGH
    Also I cant get banners swen as they tore out the machine, looks like its time to buy the hem tape and do it myself lol:covereyes:

4. Graphics2u

Graphics2u Very Active Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Iowa
    In the Des Moines warehouse, they did away with the sewing and went to 1-man show almost 2 years ago. The banner sewing was very nice to have available, and the woman who did it was great!

5. CES020

CES020 Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
    So much for the great customer service. What happens with the lone ranger gets sick? Your order sits until he/she gets well, I guess?

6. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    1 man show here @ denver as well. very rare to see 2.

7. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    They've been contacting their customers for almost three years, explaining this was gonna happen. This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone dealing with Fellers.

8. 149motorsports

Aug 8, 2006
    PITTSBURGH
    Yep, Thats what im told, they will close the place down for the day. Any orders placed will ship out of the next closest location.

9. matrue

matrue Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Well if it helps you all out we are Royal Printing Solutions who used to be Royal Sign Supply or Royal Wholesale Banner. We are located in Denver and we have taken over all of Proveer's custom sewing and banner fabrication. We ship all over the Nation so if you are in a bind anytime we can help. -Have a great day!

MT

10. Signsforwhile

Signsforwhile Very Active Member

Feb 17, 2006
    New York
    Maybe a little off topic here but maybe they should stop double boxing everything! I always forget to mention this to my rep. If we get shinerite vinyl, a lot of times the box that says shinerite on it....is in another box! We get a lot of double boxed orders, and I don't understand why. Might be easier for the warehouse guy to just slap a lable on the box they got it from, from the manufacturer....

:thread

11. 149motorsports

Aug 8, 2006
    PITTSBURGH
    They never double boxed mine. Heck i had to ask for a box or two sometimes because the roll was in a plastic bag, when i needed to ship the roll out.

12. Buffalo location only has one too. I was told if he gets sick, the sales rep has to take over that location until he gets back...

13. lexsigns

lexsigns Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Burlington ma
    Boston down to 1 too :( really loved both my guys there! no more banners either-
    pretty bummed!

14. Richard G

Richard G Member

Is the economy really that bad or are they just being cheap. Advantage is getting pretty cheap now for i haven's seen a salesmen forever.

15. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Today I called two possibly new vendors about some new substrates on the market.

The manufacturer sales rep stopped in and bragged about his products. When I asked prices, he said I had to get it from one of their distributors, so I asked him for the first one's phone number. Called right in front of him. No one answered and the message said they were busy. Okay, fug him.

The rep apologized and said, here..... call these guys, they are one of our best.

After identifying myself, the lady answered and said they were all in a meeting. I said... are they at lunch or are they..... she quickly replied... I said they are in a meeting, so that's where they are. Okay, please have someone get back to meee...... She hung up.

The reps eyes bugged out and he really started apologizing. I told him, you know, it's one thing when they have only one person working the phones, but when they're gonna be rude.... forget it.

I told him to have someone call me and I'll at least look into these things.

Everyone is downsizing wherever they can and then they come up with these stoopid ideas of how they can fool their customers what's going on.

16. FireSprint

FireSprint Very Active Member

Check out Aksarben Sign Supply in Council Bluffs maybe. They are awesome.

17. FireSprint

FireSprint Very Active Member

If they can get away with it and provide the same level of service good for them, but if their service suffers, then prices will probably drop.

It's interesting to hear this. I never figured a one man warehouse would really work out. We have a rule that no one works alone. Maybe they set up webcams to watch the guys so someone can call 911 if he gets hurt or has a heart attack.

18. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    Been a one man show in Ft. Wayne since they opened the joint far as I've been able to tell.

19. OlsonSigns601

OlsonSigns601 Member

Jul 23, 2011
    I don't really care if they have a robot... as long as I get my stuff the next day if I order before 4 o'clock.

Robots don't have heart attacks or take breaks.

20. +1