• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fellers 1 man warehouses now?

149motorsports

Just got back from my fellers and they laid off one of the two guys that work there. Said the warehouses are going to be a one man show now. I wasnt to happy as both guys are great helpers for me especially if im running late or in need of a rush order. Has anyone else been effected by this layoff at your local fellers or is it just mine that is a one man show?

Graphics2u

In the Des Moines warehouse, they did away with the sewing and went to 1-man show almost 2 years ago. The banner sewing was very nice to have available, and the woman who did it was great!

CES020

So much for the great customer service. What happens with the lone ranger gets sick? Your order sits until he/she gets well, I guess?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
They've been contacting their customers for almost three years, explaining this was gonna happen. This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone dealing with Fellers.

149motorsports

So much for the great customer service. What happens with the lone ranger gets sick? Your order sits until he/she gets well, I guess?

Yep, Thats what im told, they will close the place down for the day. Any orders placed will ship out of the next closest location.

matrue

Well if it helps you all out we are Royal Printing Solutions who used to be Royal Sign Supply or Royal Wholesale Banner. We are located in Denver and we have taken over all of Proveer's custom sewing and banner fabrication. We ship all over the Nation so if you are in a bind anytime we can help. -Have a great day!

MT

Signsforwhile

Maybe a little off topic here but maybe they should stop double boxing everything! I always forget to mention this to my rep. If we get shinerite vinyl, a lot of times the box that says shinerite on it....is in another box! We get a lot of double boxed orders, and I don't understand why. Might be easier for the warehouse guy to just slap a lable on the box they got it from, from the manufacturer....

:thread

149motorsports

They never double boxed mine. Heck i had to ask for a box or two sometimes because the roll was in a plastic bag, when i needed to ship the roll out.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
What happens with the lone ranger gets sick? Your order sits until he/she gets well, I guess?

Yep, Thats what im told, they will close the place down for the day. Any orders placed will ship out of the next closest location.

Buffalo location only has one too. I was told if he gets sick, the sales rep has to take over that location until he gets back...

Richard G

Is the economy really that bad or are they just being cheap. Advantage is getting pretty cheap now for i haven's seen a salesmen forever.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Today I called two possibly new vendors about some new substrates on the market.

The manufacturer sales rep stopped in and bragged about his products. When I asked prices, he said I had to get it from one of their distributors, so I asked him for the first one's phone number. Called right in front of him. No one answered and the message said they were busy. Okay, fug him.

The rep apologized and said, here..... call these guys, they are one of our best.

After identifying myself, the lady answered and said they were all in a meeting. I said... are they at lunch or are they..... she quickly replied... I said they are in a meeting, so that's where they are. Okay, please have someone get back to meee...... She hung up.

The reps eyes bugged out and he really started apologizing. I told him, you know, it's one thing when they have only one person working the phones, but when they're gonna be rude.... forget it.

I told him to have someone call me and I'll at least look into these things.

Everyone is downsizing wherever they can and then they come up with these stoopid ideas of how they can fool their customers what's going on.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
In the Des Moines warehouse, they did away with the sewing and went to 1-man show almost 2 years ago. The banner sewing was very nice to have available, and the woman who did it was great!

Check out Aksarben Sign Supply in Council Bluffs maybe. They are awesome.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
If they can get away with it and provide the same level of service good for them, but if their service suffers, then prices will probably drop.

It's interesting to hear this. I never figured a one man warehouse would really work out. We have a rule that no one works alone. Maybe they set up webcams to watch the guys so someone can call 911 if he gets hurt or has a heart attack.

OlsonSigns601

I don't really care if they have a robot... as long as I get my stuff the next day if I order before 4 o'clock.

Robots don't have heart attacks or take breaks.