• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fellers Escalade/"Sharpie" Lamberghini

modernmav

Hey guys,
I've got someone who wants to do a wrap in a similar style to the fellars escalade or that black and white "sharpie" lamborghini, i'll attach pics of both for reference. Anyway I was wondering if anyone had any tips / easy ways to design something like this thats very busy and over the top in all black and white. Thanks for the help.

E

Attachments

• lambo.jpg
    lambo.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 186
  • escalade22.jpg
    escalade22.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 148

modernmav

ya thats what I was afraid of, looks like they placed each individual element in which had to take forever. thanks for the reply pat

Tony McD

Check with Fellers...maybe on one of their dvd's ?
If it's in vector, you could mix it up, and add your own stuff.

phototec

Hey guys,
I've got someone who wants to do a wrap in a similar style to the fellars escalade or that black and white "sharpie" lamborghini, i'll attach pics of both for reference. Anyway I was wondering if anyone had any tips / easy ways to design something like this thats very busy and over the top in all black and white. Thanks for the help.

E

I have found the best source for this type of a graphic design project is the "The Graphic Designer's Toolkit" series from Digital Juice, all the vector components are already created, you just have to build the design using layers in illy.

http://www.digitaljuice.com/products/products.asp?pid=1570

:rock-n-roll:

Attachments

• Graphic Designers Toolkit.jpg
    Graphic Designers Toolkit.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 126

phototec

Hire a graffitti artist to do the art then scan it

Better yet, just go downtown and to your local train yard, take high resolution photos of all the graffiti you can find. Load all the images and your vehicle template into Photoshop, each graffiti photo on a different layer, just create your own design, using layers, etc...

:thumb:

modernmav

Bill - that actually is one option we were considering lol.

Phototec, thanks for the link, i'll definitely have to check out that stuff.

ForgeInc

I was wondering...I saw a photo of this beautiful sculpture, I think it is called "David"? It's big and beautiful...does anyone know how I can make something like that?

Of course this is somewhat in jest...but cmon! These is no "easy" way to do that kind of stuff!

phototec

Attachments

• 3-D Stone Art.jpg
    3-D Stone Art.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 3-D Stone Art 2.jpg
    3-D Stone Art 2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 151

Design4cnc

If you need a design let me know. I'm a graffiti artist that now makes signs cause it was the best and smartest fit.

buttons

If that's the lamborghini I'm thinking of then it was all drawn on by a bunch of graffiti artists. It's not a wrap.

signswi

The Lambo was hand done yeah, the Fellers truck is a bunch of vectors carefully played with to create a similar feel (but very different in reality).

Check out GoMedia, they probably have a few vector packs that would be useful for a project like this. You'd still be looking at a few days minimum in art time though. Whenever a client wants something hard "but done in an easy way" you're in for trouble.

modernmav

Ya i know its still going to be at least a few days of art time, i was just wondering if anybody else had done stuff like this in the past. I didnt know the lambo was done by hand, thats crazy.

Billct2

something like that is probably quicker,easier and better for a real good graffitti artist to execute than a digital artist with a wrap.

modernmav

ya we're probably going to change up the idea a little bit. but for those interested I did find that Fellers now sells the print (on their house film i believe) with skulls and scrolls and stuff without the fellars logos. I might buy a yard to wrap my guitar in just for fun.

phototec

Sharpie Car Art

I didnt know the lambo was done by hand, thats crazy.

Yep, and here's another car done with a Sharpie, took Slang500 9 months to complete. Nice work, this could catch on, and become a new fad.

Maybe you could send this guy a quarter scale printed (in blue ink only) template (vinyl banner material), he could do his Sharpie thing on the printed template, roll it up and send it back to you, have it scanned or use a high resolution digital camera and photograph it, load the image into Photoshop, delete the template, send to illy, use live trace and create your vector art?

http://www.slang500.com/hyevon-sharpie-m3-by-slang500hms/

:cool1:

Attachments

• _dsc4801.jpg
    _dsc4801.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 114
  • img_70px.jpg
    img_70px.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 108
  • sharpiem3-26.jpg
    sharpiem3-26.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 109