• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fellers not longer offering 10 yd pricing on vinyl

149motorsports

So I go to place a large order for vinyl today and the lady tells me I have to pay "by the yard" price for a 24in by 10 yard roll. So now a roll of 651 oracal costs $33 almost LOL!!! Time for a new supplier looks like! Anyone know when the started this?

Last edited:

Johnny Best

Just bought a 24"x10 yd roll of black 651 and a roll of white from Fellers at the 10 yard price that was in their book. I watched the guy roll it off some larger rolls and cut it. Usually if they don't have what I need at the warehouse for me to pick up it will be shipped to me.
Also use Grimco a lot more since they have Oracal vinyl now or their Brightline series.

d fleming

Just got 10 yds of 48" high perf purple for trailer job. Was like pulling teeth to get Fellers to even track it down for me. They impress me less and less every day. Did business with SW once years ago, never again.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, ya either buy it somewhere else, start buying in larger quantities or just charge the customer accordingly what things cost you...... but no sense bashing someone for running a business the way they see fit.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
So I go to place a large order for vinyl today and the lady tells me I have to pay "by the yard" price for a 24in by 10 yard roll. So now a roll of 651 oracal costs $33 almost LOL!!! Time for a new supplier looks like! Anyone know when the started this?
$33? What was it before, $30? Must be nice to have something like THAT to complain about.

papabud

Lone Wolf
i would like to complain about the cost of my tiny little knife in my cutter. or the price of ink per liter
cost of material is easily charged off to the customer or you carry a little extra inventory

$33? What was it before, $30? Must be nice to have something like THAT to complain about.
Therabouts. The catalog price I see is $27.00, or $31.50 for colors, which is already high, considering it can be purchased elsewhere for as low as $20.00 for a 10 yd. roll of black and white, or $22.00 for colors. I've always thought Fellers prices are ridiculous, which is why we primarily only buy specialty materials by the yard for some of our smaller jobs.

So, ya either buy it somewhere else, start buying in larger quantities or just charge the customer accordingly what things cost you...... but no sense bashing someone for running a business the way they see fit.
I somewhat agree with this. The way I look at it, they are a "wrap supplier", so calendered vinyl probably isn't one of their big sellers, hence the higher pricetag. And I would certainly recommend buying it elsewhere. However, at least in our case, what I don't understand is the "buy it in larger quantities" philosophy. What I mean by that is, who uses 50 yards of calendered vinyl? We use calendered vinyl and print media for maybe 5% of the jobs we do, which is pretty much coro yard signs, foamboard signage, and things of that sort of "temporary" nature.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Uscutter has 50yd rolls of 651 24" for between $70 and $80 and Glantz has 10yds for $25.

Signwarehouse.... BOOOOOO!
Fellers... Less and less everyday
Reece Supply... How are you still in business?
Uscutter... Slow and cheap but OK
Glantz... Good

nate

If anyone needs a good supplier with excellent service try Regional Supply. 801-262-6451 or visit regionalsupply.com. Our sales rep is Bob Shipley.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I somewhat agree with this. The way I look at it, they are a "wrap supplier", so calendered vinyl probably isn't one of their big sellers, hence the higher pricetag. And I would certainly recommend buying it elsewhere. However, at least in our case, what I don't understand is the "buy it in larger quantities" philosophy. What I mean by that is, who uses 50 yards of calendered vinyl? We use calendered vinyl and print media for maybe 5% of the jobs we do, which is pretty much coro yard signs, foamboard signage, and things of that sort of "temporary" nature.

We still do in certain circumstances. We don't have it it all colors, but many colors we keep 48" x 50yd rolls of vinyl for when needed. At the prices of that stuff, it probably only cost around $150 to $175 a roll, so it might hang around for a while. One job will usually pay for it and the rest is all gravy. However, when we need it for the jobs it's not worth using any of the printers, it's a nice fit. We still stock around 200 rolls of die-cut vinyl.... from 15" up to 54" not counting our digital print media.

149motorsports

Just bought a 24"x10 yd roll of black 651 and a roll of white from Fellers at the 10 yard price that was in their book. I watched the guy roll it off some larger rolls and cut it. Usually if they don't have what I need at the warehouse for me to pick up it will be shipped to me.
Also use Grimco a lot more since they have Oracal vinyl now or their Brightline series.

My guy at the Pittsburgh location always rolls bigger rolls down to 10 yards. Was just up there today and bought some and watched him lol. Does Grimco have any flat rate shipping charges or free shipping if you buy x amount? I have never dealt with them. Thanks!