• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fellers POPup

Letterbox Mike

We started using Fellers POPup material a month or so ago, we've sent about 25 banner stands out the door using it. On all of them, we used the regular POPup material, waited a minimum of 24 hours to laminate, and laminated with Lamex 3 mil luster embossed polycarb laminate (the same as we have done hundreds of times using Sihl POSpro 200). We've had 3 come back so far with fairly serious delamination issues, clearly from being rolled up in the retractable banner stand base (we've used 3 or 4 different stands from different manufacturers).

Has anyone else ever had this issue? We switched to the POPup because of the rave reviews here, it prints beautifully and is significantly cheaper than the POSpro, but if it's not going to hold up and can't be laminated it's not worth anything...

bayviewsignworks

We started using Fellers POPup material a month or so ago, we've sent about 25 banner stands out the door using it. On all of them, we used the regular POPup material, waited a minimum of 24 hours to laminate, and laminated with Lamex 3 mil luster embossed polycarb laminate (the same as we have done hundreds of times using Sihl POSpro 200). We've had 3 come back so far with fairly serious delamination issues, clearly from being rolled up in the retractable banner stand base (we've used 3 or 4 different stands from different manufacturers).

Has anyone else ever had this issue? We switched to the POPup because of the rave reviews here, it prints beautifully and is significantly cheaper than the POSpro, but if it's not going to hold up and can't be laminated it's not worth anything...

Why would you laminate a popup banner?

Scott18

We have never laminated pop-up banners either. I am not sure why you would want to laminate them unless you have scratching issues? What machine are you printing these on? What kind of ink? Is it the same printer and ink as what you used to use? When the laminate comes off is the ink coming away with it? If so then the ink is failing to adhere to the new material. But if the same lam you used before is no longer sticking to the same ink you used before... well that doesn't make sense to me.