• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fencing?

ams

I got an email from a church asking us to repair a fence and also replace one. This is a legit email, but I don't see why they think we do fencing? We own a auger and do posts and everything. But it's a metal fence with round bars and chain link. If it was a wooden fence with boards, I'd accept it, that is easy, but nobody here knows anything about metal fencing.

Billct2

Have you done other work for them? I get stuff like that from regular clients, fences, painting, countertops...

petepaz

if it is real and you are not comfortable doing it then sub it out and make a little extra cash. worst case at least you threw a number at it and they know you tried.
i was a helper on a fence job once and it's not complicated but if you don't know all the little tricks it could be a pain in the ass and or fail.

2B

Since you are a sign/graphics company you should have a wide range of customers. As such one of them should be a fencing company or construction company that does fencing, so call up the church and tell them to call XXXX, then call up XXXX and tell them what the project is so when the church calls they are ready for them.

the church will see you as a one-stop shop and/or fixer and the fence company will be happy for the referral. ie spend more money with you or referring other companies to you for work