• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fender flare wrap info needed please.

Pippin Decals

I have a buddy that wants me to wrap his rocker panels with mossy oak obsession ,,No problem,,But he wants me to try and do his fender flares also..Problem lol..I have never done fender flares before and i found this video of Mossyoakgraphics showing how they do it,,Is this really correct?

Im working on a 2001 f150 super cab 4x4 short bed..... Does anyone have a template for fenders for this truck? Thank you

here is the video ...Thank you anyone in advance...

here is video of them wrapping a fender flare Mossy Oak Graphics Fender Flare Kit Wheel Accent Camo Installation Instructions - YouTube

hcardwell93

Thats probably ok for an el cheapo DIY kit. There's no way I would do a 3 piece install like that. Do it with 1 piece of vinyl.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
why do you need a template?
just measure overall width and height and print a big square piece and use knifeless tape

Pippin Decals

Because i have the Mossy oak Obsession on a roll.its the original material from them. and a template i could just cut the arch of the flare right from the material and apply.. I havent ventured to much in to specialty wraps like fender flares yet. only been simple things for me .Ive only been doing this for 2 yrs and slowly teaching my self new things and flares is new for me.

Pippin Decals

ok ,thanks..Does everyone also wrap up inside the fender wells a little bit or no..Im talking about as far as the flare wraps inside.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Humm, I would have never thought to use Mutoh wave technology to join 2 print panels.

I'd wrap in as far as possible with just a thin gap (1/8 or so) on the inside edge of the flare.

wayne k
guam usa

Depends on how deep you want to go in the flares, but you can go all the way in there. Clean them very well, and I'd clean the back side of them as well where the black wheel tubs meet up with them. Or even better, take off the black tubs inside the wheel wells. Dirt always get in between there and as you're pulling the vinyl in, it will come loose and get all over the back of the vinyl if you're not careful. Print a big square, put it on there, make a half circle cut without cutting the tire. Make sure to leave your selfplenty enough to go on the inside of the flares. Use a heat gun, get the material warm, and leech the material into the fender wells. You will be taking material from the middle areas and pushing the material into the inside of the flares. Then make some relief cuts to allow the material to be pushed into the flares. Remember that the relief cuts will probably split some, so don't make them to big. Wrap the inside of the flare, and I'd wrap it back on top of the inside of the flare for complete coverage. You could then even go a step further if you wanted to, and seal them on the back side with some edge seal tape.

WrapGuy10

Because this particular print is so busy it might be even easier for you to simply do an inlay on the flat inner of the wheel well and come back with a clean line of knifless tape on top when you start laying the fender. Definitely 1 piece the fender itself though. That video is a little ridiculous IMO.

Pippin Decals

Ok thanks..ya lol i wasnt sure but didnt seem right tho..

Because this particular print is so busy it might be even easier for you to simply do an inlay on the flat inner of the wheel well and come back with a clean line of knifless tape on top when you start laying the fender. Definitely 1 piece the fender itself though. That video is a little ridiculous IMO.

Speedsterbeast

If a wrap class is out of the question, I would order Justin Pate's DVD set of wrap instruction and watch it 3 times while making notes. Helped me a great deal

phototec

If a wrap class is out of the question, I would order [video=youtube;inqK2gMzf0k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inqK2gMzf0k[/video]s DVD set of wrap instruction and watch it 3 times while making notes. Helped me a great deal

Yep, I second Justin Pate's DVD's, although I attended his 2010 wrap class in Dallas, I do have his videos to reference to because I can't remember all his tricks and techniques. He is a great instructor.