• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Fibron Heat-Transfer Vinyl on GORE-TEX Rain Gear

SignMan17

Anyone have experience with Heat Pressing GORE-TEX rain gear? I have done some research and it has led to more questions than answers. The Fibron heat-transfer vinyl says it works with polyester but I am not sure if the outer layer will be damaged by the heat needed to press the logos. The outer shell of the jacket is described as Polyester Laminated 300Dx150D and the GORE-TEX material is the insulation layer on the inside. I have considered dye sublimation also, but still not sure if it can take the heat. Embroidery seems like a bad idea because it is not guaranteed to stay water proof over time. These jackets cost $300 so I can't afford to buy one for a test like I would normally so any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Sign Man

signage

Most Gore-Tex outer wear also have a coating on the outer shell! Also not sure how much heat the Gore-Tex membrane can take.

screener24242

screen printing with either a silicone or HSA ink, possibly with a 2 part catalyst. you can wipe off the outer coating with an acetone. Your other options will not adhere well.