• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

File changes color

jgolo

I have this from time to time. I have an eps file from a customer that prints in darker blues and purple colors, when they should be lighter blues like pwinters tape type of color. When I open the file to view, it looks correct. I did notice that the colors on the file are spot colors.

The test print is attached, the second picture is what color it should print like, any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 82

jgolo

Using a profile made for me years ago for use on the Oracal vinyl I use and I use Wasatch for my rip.

Bretbyron

I've had this happen to me. I ended up opening it in Corel and used Bitmaps/Modes/CMYK convert. It's setup to simulates four color process and the color usually converts perfectly. Then re-export to TIF or whatever you want. I use it on stuff that has been designed in RGB. It's not the same as just converting it to a CMYK bitmap.