• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

File Output

MrNick86

To any of you ONYX and/or CET users out there:

How do you guys usually save your files for print?
What kinds of formats have you used?
What problems with certain formats have you had?
What resolution do you save files to?

Any do's / dont's when it comes to preparing files that have had great impact on print quality, rip speed, preserving color, etc.

I think you know what I am getting at...

I only have been doing this for one year. I have been running tests all day trying to learn how saving files differently effects print quality.

I do have feedback from some of my results, I would like to hear from the experienced individuals. I am trying to learn how to do everything the right way, not necessarily the way I was trained.

Thanks all!

artbot

rgb 8bit tifs at 150 dpi. i have a couple profiles in which my whites don't dither properly (output is like five shades of white) and other profiles that do a great job of white gradients. i haven't
figured out what the difference is. by accident i printed a .psd recently. i haven't gone back to figure what i can and can't get away with concerning that. it'd be great if when doing a highly color sensitive
job, i could print right from the layers file and it be the same value/colors as the flattened tif.

To any of you ONYX and/or CET users out there:

How do you guys usually save your files for print?
What kinds of formats have you used?
What problems with certain formats have you had?
What resolution do you save files to?

Any do's / dont's when it comes to preparing files that have had great impact on print quality, rip speed, preserving color, etc.

I think you know what I am getting at...

I only have been doing this for one year. I have been running tests all day trying to learn how saving files differently effects print quality.

I do have feedback from some of my results, I would like to hear from the experienced individuals. I am trying to learn how to do everything the right way, not necessarily the way I was trained.

Thanks all!