• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Files set up for CNC

Rob G Momentum

I'm a beginner in the CNC world and after many frustrating hours trying to figure how to set up G code for Mach3 from ai, dwg pdf I have now realized I need help preparing the code.

Does anyone know of a designer who you can take my illustrator files and set the g code up through BobCad? I would be able to provide all relevant details regarding bit, stock etc.

Fortunately I have someone with experience operating the machine once I the files ready.

In addition if anyone has any general pointers or advice on how to approach learning more about routing I would appreciate that as well.

fixtureman

I'm a beginner in the CNC world and after many frustrating hours trying to figure how to set up G code for Mach3 from ai, dwg pdf I have now realized I need help preparing the code.

Does anyone know of a designer who you can take my illustrator files and set the g code up through BobCad? I would be able to provide all relevant details regarding bit, stock etc.

Fortunately I have someone with experience operating the machine once I the files ready.

In addition if anyone has any general pointers or advice on how to approach learning more about routing I would appreciate that as well.

I have Vectric Aspire and import those type files. You can download a trail copy of Vcarve or Aspire and work along with the tutorials to learn how to do this.

billsines

Vectric VCarve Pro is what I use. I do all the design work in Corel then export as dxf then import into VCarve Pro, from there it's very easy. As for Mach3, you can check out the Mach3 support forum. Everyone is very helpful over there.