• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

F'in customers...

ucmj22

Guy calls up, says he would like an estimate for decals on his new beverage delivery truck... I say, sure, send me what you have and I'll work something up real quick. He sent me the logo for his other company (Exhibit A) along with some pics of the truck and says to just remove the "properties" and replace it with water.

I immediately knew this was going to be an issue. Luckily for him, I made a logo a while ago using a mountain that I thought would work great for this. So I sent him a mock up with the new logo (exhibit B) and explain the problems with using his current one.
"The mountain icon in your properties logo is a registered trademark of Coors. I thought that this might bring you some issues using it in the beverage industry, so I created a similar look for you that I think works well."

His reply is to send me a different trademarked logo (Exhibit C) and ask if I could somehow use that. I talked to him and told him that logo is also trademarked, and asked him what he didnt like about the one I created for him.
"well, your not using the mountain for the M"

Wha!?? DEPOSIT PLEASE!
I'm not schmeckling around incorporating a mountain as an M with a matching font with out a deposit. SOB!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-28 at 11.45.59 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-09-28 at 11.45.59 AM.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 118
  • Screen Shot 2012-09-28 at 11.45.19 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-09-28 at 11.45.19 AM.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 79
  • Screen Shot 2012-09-28 at 11.49.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-09-28 at 11.49.22 AM.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 86

J Hill Designs

theres one in North Carolina, Los Angeles, and New York as far as top google results go

edit: looks like their all just distro's of mountain valley spring water

TNsignchick

I don't schmeckle around with ANY customer without a deposit. Design service is exactly that, a SERVICE. Don't underestimate your talent or creativity, as the customer will do if you let them.....deposit first, designs second. Rule of thumb. Discuss the design options, get deposit, then put the ideas in motion

ucmj22

I Normally wouldnt do logo work without a deposit, but Like I said, I already had this one made up in my spare time, so really I was just giving him a decal quote with a mockup on the side of the truck. Things like that I build in to the price of the final product. But I dont like where this is going, so no more work on this project w/o deposit.:peace!:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-26 at 2.50.02 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-09-26 at 2.50.02 PM.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 105

TNsignchick

I Normally wouldnt do logo work without a deposit, but Like I said, I already had this one made up in my spare time, so really I was just giving him a decal quote with a mockup on the side of the truck. Things like that I build in to the price of the final product. But I dont like where this is going, so no more work on this project w/o deposit.:peace!:

The design looks great!!! :rock-n-roll:

ucmj22

Isn't there already a "Mountain Valley Water" out there, anyway?

Apparently, he sells mountain valley water. One of the things he stated was that If he stopped selling mountain valley water, he wanted to be able to remove the mountain, and just have it say "valley water" and still look ok.

Why then he is so worried about the M being a mountain is beyond my comprehension. He obviously doesn't understand the value of a brand.

OlsonSigns601

Friday is officially "F'in Customer Day"

Just got back from what was suppose to be a quick drop off order with a local competitor for him to complete an order for me.

Turned out to be a 3 beer, 2 hour ***** session bitching about the customers I lost and the customers he got, vise versa.

So much better when you have someone to bish with about the issues with people that have been there done that.

Joe Diaz

One of the things he stated was that If he stopped selling mountain valley water, he wanted to be able to remove the mountain, and just have it say "valley water" and still look ok.

:rolleyes: That's so bush league! People like that have no business running a... business.