• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Finally having a tech visit. what additional parts should I order?

Bryce I

I'm Brie
I work at a place with a very old but very awesome Roland XC-540 that's been having some issues. We're located in a rural community 5 hours from the nearest city so getting a tech out here to work on our printers is rare and can be expensive. With that said, I am not a mechanic. If it's not in the manual, or a helpful youtube video, I am not the guy you want going deep into a machine.
We end up seeing a printer tech maybe once a year or so. A tech is coming up to help in two weeks.
We don't have the luxury of having a tech come, identify an issue, and then order parts. We usually need to id the issue ourselves (thanks to so many of you on here!), and order the parts before the tech gets here.
in addition to parts needed to address the current problems, I want to also order any consumable parts, or parts that have X amount of hours or uses before wearing out, and have the professional tech take care of that while he's here. I basically want to order one of everything we might need, and if the tech ends up not needing some items, I'll return them unused. Ill start a list at the bottom of this post, but I'm sure there's some stuff I'm not thinking of, and would appreciate any additional insights.

printer issue no. 1. There's a thread from last Tuesday describing it called
Scan Motor Error? Printer currently dead in the water
https://signs101.com/threads/scan-m...rently-dead-in-the-water.162035/#post-1507326
Essentially getting a motor error every time the carriage tries to leave its base. suggestions from users on here include: cleaning the guide rail, replacing the scan motor, some bad bearings, a damaged belt, maybe the guides/clips that glide the carriage on the rail are toast, or just gunked up.

printer issue no. 2. The cut carriage cable has a short and needs to be replaced. It was suggested the cable guides should also be replaced when doing this.

Order List (so far, Please feel free to add items/parts):

Scan motor
cut carriage cable
cable guides
encoder strip
cap tops
wiper and sponge

That's all I have. Any other parts I should order? Thank you Signs 101 community!

Lindsey

Not A New Member
Don't forget a wiper scraper to go with those new wipers.

I wouldn't consider the scan motor to be a consumable part that you'd have extras of around the shop.

I had to get a new scan motor for my sp540v in 2017. It was around $500 (Canadian) + another $100 in labour for the tech to install it.