• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Finally taking time to work on something for myself.

formanek

I have had the trailer around for my other business (The Uptown bar and restaurant) and used it for catering. Now I just use my truck mostly so I decided to skin the trailer so I can use it for advertising and also transporting materials to jobs. Here is a start.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 101

formanek

Thanks. Much more to come on it, but it is a start. Need to polish the top rail so it is as shinny as the new diamond plate. :thumb:

Jillbeans

I'm sorry, I beg to differ.
Lacks contrast.
You have way too many fonts going on there.
I'd lose the Banco on "Pro".
Use the other font on that part instead (yes I know it's your logo)
And yes I think diamond plate is outmoded at this point. Except on the fenders.
Lose the gradients on the website and phone number.
Use a simple bold non-italic font for those, make them white, tighten those elements into your logo
(make them closer together)
Especially raise up the phone number.
Also tighten up the space between the words and use a traditional circle bullet rather than the oval.
I know you want to appeal to a type of customer but too many fonts too many effects and too many angles is distracting.
Love....Jill

formanek

Well Jilly.... I wasn't really asking for a critique but since you decided to hammer on it all I am only going to say one thing about your ideas. The bullets are a continuity factor. Notice the oval in the logo? Notice that that same oval follows through on All of the bulleted listings?

And.... I am not one to argue online because it turns into a pi**ing contest so I just posted my trailer as a "here is what I am up to now" deal. This site actually is getting really sickening because it is seems to be a I can do it better site.

Have a good weekend everyone! I am going to finish up my trailer and be damn proud of it.

formanek

I don't remember the last one that wasn't like that lol

Does my post say anything about WANTING a critique? Can't people just appreciate some things or just ignore it if they don't? Guess not here because everyone is a professional.:notworthy:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well forman.......

I like it and I'm now afraid to give my 2¢, causin' I don't want to rain on your parade.

It's a far Hell of a lot better than what you started out with, but there's always room for discussion, but if you don't need it.... then have a nice weekend.

I guess what most people don't understand is.... they're not gonna lose or gain business with the suggestions offered up here at s101, but they or other people reading this or any thread two weeks, two months or even two years down the road, might understand why comments were made and n how not to make the same mistakes.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Remember....opinions are like a**holes. Everyone has one, and most of them stink.

qmr55

Does my post say anything about WANTING a critique? Can't people just appreciate some things or just ignore it if they don't? Guess not here because everyone is a professional.:notworthy:

Did I say you wanted critique? It's an open forum, anyone can post whatever they'd like.

Personally, I think it's the cliche over the top minimally legible wrap that most "wrap shops" these days seem to be putting out. But my opinion and/or critique doesn't matter, nor is wanted, so I won't go into detail even a little.

As for appreciating it, I don't think Jill meant disrespect towards you at all. She was just pointing out what could be improved, maybe if you took this advice, which I agree with by the way, and used it in your future designs it could help your business. Instead, you just take it as someone trying to flame you and not just kiss your *** and tell you how good you are.

qmr55

I guess what most people don't understand is.... they're not gonna lose or gain business with the suggestions offered up here at s101, but they or other people reading this or any thread two weeks, two months or even two years down the road, might understand why comments were made and n how not to make the same mistakes.

Gino, I might have misunderstood what you said....but if I didn't, I disagree with that first part.

I think many of the suggestions here at s101 can surely grow a business. If this design was posted ahead of time and asked for critique, he would have been given some solid advice on how to improve the wrap. Therefore, making a better impression on the individuals who see this wrap on a daily basis or even catch an eye of it. As we all know, a vehicle wrap can make a HUGE impact on a business....but what most people don't realize is a BAD vehicle wrap can make a huge BAD impact on a business and a GOOD vehicle wrap can make a GOOD impact on a business. Therefore, if this wrap was critiqued by the s101 crew it could better his business. And that is only one example of how the s101 people can help gain business. No disrespect meant, just pointing that out!