• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help finding the ip on a SP-540V, also setting up in flexi

Knep

Im on a 64bit windows 7 machine, running Flexi 8.1 pro. I just purchased a SP-540V over the weekend that the heads need replaced in. I actually bought it just for the contour cut feature as previously i only had a 30" Graphtech to do contour cuts. I am trying to set up though flexi and using an either-net cord directly from the printer/cutter to the computer. I have went though the menu to find the IP on the printer but no luck, as there is no system settings. No where in the manuals does it tell you where to look either! I have the cutter driver cd, but it wont load onto windows 7! I checked the Roland site and I cant find a windows 7 driver for the SP-540V. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks,
Mike
P.S. I did do a forum search but didn't find quite what I was looking for

Terry01

You require the Inter-Con Nettool in the link VanderJ provided, You also require a crossover cable, not a standard cable

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You require the Inter-Con Nettool in the link VanderJ provided, You also require a crossover cable, not a standard cable

You may be happy to hear that, any OS after Windows Vista will automatically figure out if the cable is cross-over or not and change the way it sends the signal accordingly. You can use any cable now!

Knep

So I downloaded and Installed that program, now what lol...I dont see the printer anywhere on it

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I haven't used it in a while but if the printer is turned on and the communication cables is plugged in it should just pop up.

Try going into the command prompt and type: arp -a

It will show you all of the devices connected to your network. Since the printer is the only thing hooked up to your network it should be the IP address that shows up. A bunch of junk displays along with it that look like other devices are hooked up to your network but those are just reserved for certain protocols etc. The IP address should say Static under the type column.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
You need to add the printer/cutter in production manager of flexi.
Open production manager and go to Setup- add setup- roland- the sp 540v is at the bottom of the list in the right hand box.

Knep

OK, still not showing up in there, and you say its ok to have an eithernet cable plugged from the printer directly to the computer? Its a cat6 network cable....

Knep

You need to add the printer/cutter in production manager of flexi.
Open production manager and go to Setup- add setup- roland- the sp 540v is at the bottom of the list in the right hand box.

I did this, but I still have to know the IP and what port to assign it to...

Terry01

OK, still not showing up in there, and you say its ok to have an eithernet cable plugged from the printer directly to the computer? Its a cat6 network cable....
Listen to the video..it even states in there that you require a cross over ethernet cable.
.I just tried it on a win10 computer with a standard cable with correct ip addresses and
it didn't see the printer

Knep

Thanks Terry! I do not understand any of this lol, crossover cable verses a standard cable lol, looks like i'll be googling! Do i still need to put it in a hub then a pc, or just the regular crossover cable? Sorry for the ignorance!

Terry01

Straight from computer to printer..using a CROSSOVER ethernet cable...Go to nearest computer store and ask for one..
They are readily available

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
A cross over cable is just a regular network cable with 2 of it's cable sets crossed. Don't go to a store and pay way too much for one because they prey on people's ignorance and up the price even though it's essentially the same cable. So while you could go buy one, it shouldn't affect your connection. I install printers for a living and I haven't used a crossover cable since about 2007. I promise you it should work. It never hurts to try a new cable or go through a hub as well.

Knep

qp1CPuWBPp2IdN45KoKkSIH1i0NFUZBAgjIWzVireYowtP4iUD23R8MFM-IxwRRZ9bqfvSFO2juKraoDAKW-gSVHlhGZOuXfUi7APZ5m05ToJAP2-xpzGJr-P1y1JcRCSxCHiVwFNu0dXvFbSvW2jhwxw9T85z2ZhN9w_cLvbD2cMgJ9DOki-_mEp4TCHU49zdV54NBnDd4iec4Wf9g2k2ilQ5eoWa8RFRqq_Gdej6YlEevol9vLM49H4N-80SWiHoiTtSJUblczGP7hVieuzzAch_QK8r3LgvwzCxW6cuP0DEhuKLX4Zqabg-DbEaasIrbnaT6jEqDNaX79F0ZHCgiTst9rKbpjbGbHfqVlvDyTaCCTP5lJkjcwY5BLdpfE27HDyJfSIbKRaPwhDq49iTXSGBCbWQ_huJk5mh9rptbaGZ_q8_ERn5sHjA_dKbTHvbWyauzGokOge7Qvj-k1ZdRg6JcFj86Y9l4jtcwdA0VM41oISBx_yD4f58_nEtajcuL8jSCvQHE9EM0gjT7_Sig7XMGAE6EWoyEVfQgt-lgUIKMZ6XV-TwiIXd9IP6BV85fHfT2caKx8kDjHEgg4MCT1Uh7rqahZQtJQCk5rzxgGEB-nBEPABXwLRyWBQJ7CXyDfwM2In8HhabYhCyiZp3gaKy3ByID9KnkTwiXmguho2pWqd9u6UnPV2YQB=s0-l75-ft-l75-ft
1LgdYZwFtm53y427nQVjxuOEgEgg_H6znhG8ryEaR1zVnMur7kr9bh4C8PumKkUEf9tHemRWnOINfQrqzvGPyMzp-2mkmULrWnv-sbgEPEvgdRQBai7cVt8ldLG2rtRNPXr9lFLVbiBsLI_3bglwPaBLwBabwNdE1HPcfxqaJsStBdoTP9GYXdobF8M1SLl1rH_uSSjUv8myp8LSEOaWjuOf29wAum0PYi4-ogkeVUxZ2K-GdbySKi0WHFJLGbu5eubvXIWqefjxr8mw4BG5NyRHzt14MKJ7qfMJkN_xMcXdYVOih5PJa3MuBiK_Se8MrmFIiPo0z9uN1_dsSF7WG3iB9gg9MeKu0NeVjOnUl3Ie2CWYRPJsUdmt_hK75Ax78DAh0pkLMjRdQuP0dRFXMF9tzklP5OzX5XL0VsblIjehiYZjBA9T4S0MAmyxpdu-VWNl8k9plmSirmThmnKEtkiFbzVG2UxPTV8XqTSCtulQORcs7kdmOLkxZms4DS6kgb3oBmhxN8sHdYTt-7ZuNKwdGO4Xt_TZkVWYTQya1wAdzCiCePXot-55oOpgnRuGUQH6Eeu-7WQW4YNQkNQpKxLBfBIHS704NzU0TbIjZC3FdAKQBtgToAoUskIzdJrsXrUVGM257oLUhJL3Z4U4aBO5v5rr42F42vuRQ4RRiY670KnHG8fQU2pbA8FwDYAk=s0-l75-ft-l75-ft

mleg1972

Listen to the video..it even states in there that you require a cross over ethernet cable.
.I just tried it on a win10 computer with a standard cable with correct ip addresses and
it didn't see the printer
With Windows 7 and up, all you need is a patch cord to print using a static IP address directly from the PC.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

mleg1972

Im on a 64bit windows 7 machine, running Flexi 8.1 pro. I just purchased a SP-540V over the weekend that the heads need replaced in. I actually bought it just for the contour cut feature as previously i only had a 30" Graphtech to do contour cuts. I am trying to set up though flexi and using an either-net cord directly from the printer/cutter to the computer. I have went though the menu to find the IP on the printer but no luck, as there is no system settings. No where in the manuals does it tell you where to look either! I have the cutter driver cd, but it wont load onto windows 7! I checked the Roland site and I cant find a windows 7 driver for the SP-540V. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks,
Mike
P.S. I did do a forum search but didn't find quite what I was looking for
Google print server net tool. Download the software and run it with the Roland connected to the network. It finds it via the Mac address and allows you to change the IP address

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk