• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Finecut 8 & Illustrator cc exporting to Rasterlink 6 / cjv30-130 as separate job?

DaisyDog

I'm using Finecut8 to export a print & cut job from illustrator cc2017 to rasterlink 6 and printing to a mimaki cjv30-130.

When it exports to rasterlink6, it acts as if the print and cut layers are separate jobs and will cut the job first, roll on up and then print the job.

I'm used finecut8 illustrator cs6, rasterlink 5 for years with no problem but had to upgrade to windows10 making rasterlink 5 unusable.

To make things more complicated, I'm running finecut8 and illustrator on my mac but also have vmware installed so I can run windows10 on my mac as well. Rasterlink 6 is on the windows 10 side of my mac.

Attached is a RL6 job list pix and a picture of what the final print looks like. I've searched high and low and can't find a solution for the problem. Firmware and updates to finecut8 have all been updated.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this or can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• printed.jpg
    printed.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 257
  • joblist.jpg
    joblist.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 218

boneck

I'm using Finecut8 to export a print & cut job from illustrator cc2017 to rasterlink 6 and printing to a mimaki cjv30-130.

When it exports to rasterlink6, it acts as if the print and cut layers are separate jobs and will cut the job first, roll on up and then print the job.

I'm used finecut8 illustrator cs6, rasterlink 5 for years with no problem but had to upgrade to windows10 making rasterlink 5 unusable.

To make things more complicated, I'm running finecut8 and illustrator on my mac but also have vmware installed so I can run windows10 on my mac as well. Rasterlink 6 is on the windows 10 side of my mac.

Attached is a RL6 job list pix and a picture of what the final print looks like. I've searched high and low and can't find a solution for the problem. Firmware and updates to finecut8 have all been updated.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this or can tell me what I'm doing wrong?
I am using the same workflow as you are... my files come back to the Rasterlink as just two layers, a print layer and a cut layer... you are getting 3 layers in there... I don't know how or why but your cut layer is linked to your middle layer which is blank... are you previewing any extra layers in illustrator before sending?

DaisyDog

I am using the same workflow as you are... my files come back to the Rasterlink as just two layers, a print layer and a cut layer... you are getting 3 layers in there... I don't know how or why but your cut layer is linked to your middle layer which is blank... are you previewing any extra layers in illustrator before sending?

I'm so glad someone understood what I'm talking about. :) Can you let me know the steps you're using to create just the 2 layers in illustrator? I attached a .png of the layers in illustrator. Should I not have one of those layers? Thank you sooo much.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-08-02 14.44.13.png
    Screenshot 2017-08-02 14.44.13.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 336