• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Finished sign storage

signfactoryva

First, Yes, I have searched. I'm a moderator on other non-sign forums, so I know the protocol.

I'm looking for storage ideas for finished projects that are waiting to be picked up. Decals, 18x24 coro with stakes inserted to 4x8 panels, etc. I know that ideally people would come get them as soon as they are ready, but we know that ain't gonna happen. We always end up with one work table that is stacked with smaller finished signs and the 18 x 24's and 4x8's lining the shop walls. I would like to build some sort of shelving unit that has different size cubby holes to accommodate range of sizes that we would have. I have an open 10' wide wall in the back I'd like to use. Any ideas or links?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
A shelf for the smaller things and a slide in & out rack for the larger ones.

Generally, we just let the stuff sit around the front office area. It helps show other customers what we do and who some of our existing customers already are.

Can't tell you how many customers are convinced to use us if they're out shopping and see a small cross-reference for who we do work.

CanuckSigns

A shelf for the smaller things and a slide in & out rack for the larger ones.

Generally, we just let the stuff sit around the front office area. It helps show other customers what we do and who some of our existing customers already are.

Can't tell you how many customers are convinced to use us if they're out shopping and see a small cross-reference for who we do work.

We used to do that, untill a customer brought her child into the shop, who managed to distroy one of the signs that were waiting for pickup :banghead::frustrated:

signfactoryva

I did see that pivoting 4 x 8 rack in my searching. Now I'm thinking about possibly incorporating some shelves on the front of a stationary version of that. We do get a lot of one-ups-manship orders from competitors seeing each others orders, but it gets uncomfortable when the smack talking starts.

SignManiac

Still in the process of setting up our showroom and office area. I have stuff laying on the floors till then.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I did see that pivoting 4 x 8 rack in my searching. Now I'm thinking about possibly incorporating some shelves on the front of a stationary version of that. We do get a lot of one-ups-manship orders from competitors seeing each others orders, but it gets uncomfortable when the smack talking starts.

Uneasy ?? Turn it right around on them and tell them they're all saving money and time by coming to you and getting the best quality and bang for their buck. At least they all know where to get their signs. :thumb:

I already had two realtors in the shop at the same time and had contractors and other people here at the same time. Only once did a customer walk out and that was because the project he was here to talk about, he had just gotten out from the other guy in the room, so he left and came back later. Most of the time, if two are here, they talk shop and lie to each other, much the same way everyone here lies about themselves and their business..... :Big Laugh

And if someone is by themselves and sees a competitors sign laying around, I won't tolerate bad mouthing of others and they all know it.

It really gets tough though around election time.... I can't stand any of those people no matter who they are........... :omg: