• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Firmware Update CG-130 FX

lichtimc

Hello! :smile:

I hope somebody here can help us.
We desperately try to get a Mimaki CG-130 FX Cutting Plotter to work again with a Windows XP PC.

It runs with firmware 2.00 and as what I've read until now, this is the reason why it's denying to plot, whereas the latest driver (3.40) is installed and the communication check is confirmed by "Korrekt".

So I managed to get FW Update Tool III v2.3 and Firmware-File fxRV5_00.rom (v5.00 I guess?).

I then started the firmware update procedure:
  • Bring the plotter to the (LCD-)State *TRANSMIT START* by holding Remote-Button at Startup and switching to this menu-point:
    attachment.php
  • Click on "VersionUpgrade !!" in the FW Update Tool:
    attachment.php
  • Transfer starts... after 10 seconds I get the (LCD-)error "E87 TRANSE DATA":
    attachment.php

and the FW Update Tool says: "Cannot transmit the data. Check the status of the printer":
    attachment.php

Does anybody know how to resolve the problem? May I have to update to a lower version firmware first? Or is it something with the prt-Files, even though there is no listbox to choose from at "FW VersionUpgrade"-Tab? I chose the following prt-File:
(CG-FX.PRM)
attachment.php

Does anybody have other Firmware Updates and / or the Service Manual for this particular plotter?

Thanks in advance for every input! :)

Kind regards,
lichtimc

Attachments

• KuD7P.jpg
    KuD7P.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,785
  • U9c2S.jpg
    U9c2S.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,439
  • Xp9Vm.png
    Xp9Vm.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,737
  • wHWC0.png
    wHWC0.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 1,567
  • z3K6p.png
    z3K6p.png
    22 KB · Views: 1,656
Last edited by a moderator:

wakeshredder

I have the firmware, 2.8 I believe at home. As well, I have the correct software for updating it. I will try and send it to you tonight. I should tell you, if you call Mimaki USA in Georgia, they will walk you through the update. They will use Team Viewer and do the whole thing for you if you ask nicely. They helped me with the exact same issue earlier this year! I hope this helps.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
My guess is that it is rejecting that firmware since it is not for that machine..... The final firmware version for the CG-FX cutters is 3.02. My guess is you are attempting to load the firmware for a CG-FX II cutter which is at version 5.0. The CG-FX II cutter firmware will not work on the older CG-FX.

You are very lucky you have not bricked the mainboard in the cutter. Had it accepted that firmware it would have bricked the mainboard and the machine would essentially be useless until the mainboard is replaced.

You also need to know what you are doing with these. Very often a major firmware update will reset the machines parameters which MUST be restored or the machine will not work properly at all. This is what the PRM file is for. Mimaki's terminology is also a bit confusing. UPLOAD is sending the information FROM the cutter to your computer. DOWNLOAD is sending the data from your computer TO the cutter. You must first UPLOAD the machine parameters which will give you a file to save to your computer which is a backup of the cutters factory parameters. Then you DOWNLOAD the new firmware to the cutter. Then you DOWNLOAD the backup of the parameters to the cutter.

Attached is the correct and most current (the final firmware for the CG-FX is from 2010) firmware for the CG-FX.

Also on the machine parameters - I cannot remember for certain if the Firmware update tool can back them up or not on the CG-FX cutters (we used to have one years ago) so I could be wrong on that. So I'd also, just to be safe, power on the cutter while holding the left or right key < or > which will put it into the parameter setting mode. Then manually write down every parameter so you have them documented just in case....

Attachments

• CGFX3.02.zip
    345.5 KB · Views: 542

lichtimc

Thank you, all working again...

Thank you for helping us out. With your firmware the plotter is cutting again...

marco.alajo

Thanks for the help...!!!
But im looking for the firmware updater and i found this one:

http://www.mimakiaus.com.au/download_driver/csv-151817.html
attachment.php

As you can see it looks totally diferent that the one that you have
Is that the right one? because i installed the app and always ask me for an internet connection, and that pc does not have internet access...

Can someone please send me the firmware updater installer please?

thanks in advance
greets from ecuador

PD.- Sorry about my english :(

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,597

dan puy

UPADTE;
Dear All, excellent help and advice here allowed me to run CG-FX 160 through finecut 8 after a firmware upgrade using the firmware updater provided by Lichtimc and ROM file from SightLine. I couldn't get the PRm to upload to PC so loaded a sheet of A3 paper and Pen and ran LIST form menu, this prompted Plotter to write out all Parameters prior to Firmware Download to Plotter. In the event Parameters remained the same and the Plotter operated after Firmware Upgrade. A few minor differences in Parameters when I did a LIST print out after installing Firmware V3.02 but not noticed any operating differences thus far so have not changed any differences back to original Firmware/ Plotter Parameters just kept a print out of both.

Excellent Job People.

Regards

D